What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinywheels

Über Member
my goodies have arrived.
The beer is a reward for not spending too much.

20230524_192058.jpg

20230524_192038.jpg

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I wandered into a charity shop this morning, minutes later I wandered out again clutching a set of Karrimor luggage, front and rear panniers, saddle bag and handlebar bag, all in blue nylon, in plastic bags, £24.50 for the lot. I may have lifted the rear panniers from under the nose of someone else who was interested in them: if you snooze, you lose.

Gwylan

Veteran
I wandered into a charity shop this morning, minutes later I wandered out again clutching a set of Karrimor luggage, front and rear panniers, saddle bag and handlebar bag, all in blue nylon, in plastic bags, £24.50 for the lot. I may have lifted the rear panniers from under the nose of someone else who was interested in them: if you snooze, you lose.

I hate you! In the best possible way.

Well done for taking recycling seriously.

I've come to learn over the years that shopping in charity shops is much like yellow stickering - fastest finger and all that... :biggrin:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A pair of SPD A530 flat/SPD pedals; son no. 2 pinched the ones off my Raleigh Pioneer for his university Spesh Hotrock single speed and I hadn't got round to replacing them. £25 for a hardly used set seems OK.

A frame insert for the Ridley Helium I'm about to build.

And it appears I've won an auction for a pair of Dura-Ace 9000 shifters. Wonder where they'll go ... :whistle:

(I'm probably going to be working on the Ridgeback Platinum audax bike before/after PBP - either to fit the Dura-Ace 7900 pair I recently bought or more likely these and change the front/rear derailleurs so I can have a longer cage rear derailleur, moving it to 11 speed). The Woodrup can then go to 10 speed using the 7900's plus the 7800 derailleurs currently on the Ridgeback.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
A pair of SPD A530 flat/SPD pedals; son no. 2 pinched the ones off my Raleigh Pioneer for his university Spesh Hotrock single speed and I hadn't got round to replacing them. £25 for a hardly used set seems OK.

A frame insert for the Ridley Helium I'm about to build.

And it appears I've won an auction for a pair of Dura-Ace 9000 shifters. Wonder where they'll go ... :whistle:

(I'm probably going to be working on the Ridgeback Platinum audax bike before/after PBP - either to fit the Dura-Ace 7900 pair I recently bought or more likely these and change the front/rear derailleurs so I can have a longer cage rear derailleur, moving it to 11 speed). The Woodrup can then go to 10 speed using the 7900's plus the 7800 derailleurs currently on the Ridgeback.

I understand the words and the broad thrust of your post.

But the finer detail is totally lost on me.

Simple summary: My son pinched my pedals. And I'm continuing to upgrade my bike's components.

I've not found anyone (yet) to take my son off my hands, time and money-wise.

You mean, to paraphrase Jane Austen, that it is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of far too many bicycles, must be in want of a wife...

:crazy:

Top Bottom