What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How are you enjoying the B. Andy?

Mostly: it's certainly nice when travelling on a crowded train to be able to fold the bike and carry it on and off board quickly.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Right ... this is going to be a big list. Haven't posted what I've bought since mid-August and it's over a month later. I've picked up parts for a re-build, we've put together both a Ridley Fenix and a Ridley Helium plus there's clothing/shoes/etc. ... (re-ordered to make sense of the big list)

Components:

- A Dura-Ace 9000 LH and a pair of Ultegra 8000 shifters
- A Dura-Ace 7900 crankset to go on the audax bike. Good ... as all of my bikes are currently subject to the Shimano recall. It'll all be done in the next few weeks with a full D-A upgrade. Albeit a 10-speed one.
- A Dura-Ace 10 speed front & rear derailleur set as they were cheap
- A Shimano R8000 50/34 crankset for above project. Oh, but that's subject to the Shimano recall as well!
- A Dura-Ace 9000 crank as I might have had an incident with a bus, a railing and a wall :cycle:
- A Dura-Ace 9000 front brake caliper as a spare
- Some black and green bar tape for the Viner Mitus, some red/white Widget Premium tape for son no. 2's track bike since that was xx( and two lots of red / blue tape for spare from the Ribble sale in the Bargains thread.
- A Rotor ceramic bottom bracket for son no. 2's hillclimb Ridley Helium as it was being a pain. It still is, but is almost OK.
- A pair of lightweight 40cm carbon bars for son no. 2's Ridley Helium when we swap back from hillclimb duty. It'll mean we only have to do cables and fit a front derailleur.
- A front derailleur catcher for the Ridley Helium when in 'hillclimb' single-chainring mode
- A KMC X11-EL chain as I used one
- Some Absolute Black 50/34 chainrings to go on a Dura-Ace 9000 set-up for hill-climbing
- A Miche track chainring.
- A Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 cassette as it was cheap since there was no lockring. I have a spare.
- A used Dura-Ace 9000 11-28 cassette
- A 34T chainring for son no. 2's hillclimb bike plus some spacers and chainring bolts.
- A Rotor 11-32 cassette for the above.
- A Fizik Cyrano seatpost for a bike build I've kept quiet
- Some SPD pedals from @Pat "5mph" on here
- A green and black Syncros XR2.5 saddle for the Viner Mitus. Used it today and I like!
- An orange single-speed chain for son no. 2's Carlton Corsa fixie. Now fitted and it's in Nottingham.
- A Bontrager Paradigm saddle for son no. 2's winter bike as he somehow snapped his

Wheels/tyres:

- A pair of Mavic Ksyrium SLS wheels with tyres and a cassette as they were cheap.
- A GP5000 STR tyre so I can give it a try
- A Tempo track tubular tyre - as posted in the Bargains thread from Ribble's sale
- Some tub tape as I've run out
- A Pantour 406 suspension wheel with tyre to play with on the Dawes Kingpin.

Odd bits/tools:

- A BB30 bearing removal/fitting tool
- A cable-pulling-thing tool
- Some paint for the Cervelo S3

Clothing/shoes:

- A pair of Ale base layers as they were cheap on eBay. They're nice.
- A pair of winter SPD boots as the dials on mine aren't working. I'll fix those but these were nice, comfy snow boots and £38 delivered. Also, a pair of winter SPD-SL road shoes as mine have a split in after about 10 years' use.
- A pair of ICENI overshoes for a fiver
- A pair of Proviz shorts are they were on sale. For commuting use.
- A pair of Proviz socks to make up free postage from the above ...
- Some Velotoze shoe covers for me. I did buy two pairs, one for myself and one for son no. 2 but he pinched both of them. These were new and half-price.
- Some Sidi insoles for son no. 2 since his were xx(

Cream/lubricant:

- Two tubs of Veloskin chamois cream, some BeElite chamois cream as it was on offer at Wiggle plus one of Udderly Smooth in a tube for travels.
- A 'free' Revolubes 50ml lube for the audax travel kit.

Not quite second mortgage territory as most of the items above were via eBay / sales / offers, but I've definitely spent quite a bit. I'm listing a pile of unwanted items shortly on eBay to help cover the cost and son no. 2's Boardman AirPro frameset's already been sold.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not today, but over the past month...

Carrera Intercity Disc 9 spares.jpg

Aside from the Praxis BB, these are spares/tools to be carried on...

Carrera Intercity Disc 9 (7).jpg

Which is also a new arrival along with the rack, bag & bottle cage.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A Carradice rack bag for the Ribble ebike
Carradice rack bag (1).jpg

Inside which a D-lock sits snugly allowing for a 4 pint bottle of milk or a set of waterproofs plus a few other bits before opening the zip expander on top
Carradice rack bag (2).jpg

And if a little more space is needed, the side 'pockets' open up to become mini panniers
Carradice rack bag (3).jpg

Emanresu

A new rear wheel from Tredz....and it doesnt fit...

Your mistake or theirs? Just wanting to know if you have to be careful ordering from them. You have 14 days (usually) to return an item and sometimes people don't check their packages when they arrive. It pays to know which deliveries you should check.

Last edited:

Emanresu

Just had to follow my own advice as I've had a delivery of an Ortlieb rack for the new tourer. All OK. Purchased from Wildbounds at a reasonable price compared to RRP. They also have some tasty touring tat if you are hoping Santa will be good to you this year.

Attachments

• quick_rack_ham_ort_27576_1_1.jpg
    quick_rack_ham_ort_27576_1_1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 10

Emanresu

You've still got 14 days under the Distance Selling Regulations for a no quibble return. The only issue will be whether they pay the return postage. They should do if it is their mistake and presume Tredz are big enough to agree to it.

daisyj

Über Member
Brooks B17s with cut-out. Not new but immaculate. Adding a bit of proofide before fixing to my Trek tomorrow. :smile:

20231005_132438.jpg

Attachments

• 20231005_132438.jpg
    20231005_132438.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231005_132438.jpg
    20231005_132438.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just brought a Cateye bar end mirror for Mrs TKK's Brommie. She caught it when putting it under her desk and the mirror popped out of the movable stem. It's a press fit ball and socket joint but it wont go back in. I tried everything, mirror socket part heated in hot water while the ball part was in the freezer, all to no avail.

Top Bottom