What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20230814_203502.jpg

A pair of handlebar grips which are apparently doing a Charlie Chaplain inpression.

The Brompton Tweaking has begun.

Last edited:

Fredo76

Über Member
BluePolkaDots.JPG

GreenPolygons.JPG

YellowJersey.JPG

Some pretty flashy jerseys for little old Española, New Mexico...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
New black Cinelli bar tape for my Galaxy. The old tape was a bit manky.
Fitted this evening, and took the chance to adjust the brakelever height.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A few jerseys are looking a bit worn and the waist elastic on my fave Adidas has started to come away (will do my best to fix it but it’s on its way out) so I sprang for this….

Assos MILLE GT Summer c2 Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey 0

and a pair of socks. The top fits where it touches and white is not a flattering colour, so pies are off the menu. Except tonight, when I had a pie.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Some bits for the Ridley Helium hillclimb bike build as these parts from the PlanetX Nanolight won't transfer over; a lightweight carbon seatpost clamp, a derailleur hanger extension plus braze-on chain catcher. None were particularly cheap but I've a week to do the build, so don't have time to go searching.

I also bid, and won, an auction for a pair of new Pirelli P Velo tyres - getting the pair for less than half the price of a single tyre.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A hardly used pair of Shimano M089 MTB shoes with cleats for £24 delivered. Hardly a mark on the soles, so these haven't seen much use (less than a few rides). Exactly the same as an existing pair, but they have had 8 years of hard use. Bought as they fit and are comfy. They are currently drying out, after a wash, on the dehumidifier.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Felt so ashamed for my old M089's they went in the washer soon after - also helped by washing off the gunk near the cleats, so I could mirror the cleat set up on the new shoes.. Commuted in the newer ones. The old shoes have big chunks out of the grips where they have been ripped off by rocks.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
New heel pads for my cycling shoes. I refurbed the left shoe: new heel, toe vent and cleat on my left shoe. I've got plenty of life in the right foots vent, some in its cleat (Ive plenty of spares there) but its heel pad has only a bit of life so I ordered some to replace that soon and have spares. I'm tempted to order a new helmet too :-/

Edit: That's a first for me replacing a helmet before it was bashed (although I replaced a TT Helmet that looked perfect but I couldn't be sure); anyway maybe thats a good sign. The old Oakley AR03 photo below, I've before Covid (the back is starting to fade)
hPqCTK42xnHTmjjIZMFAJ2EEWWo&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.jpg

Was replaced with one of these: I've never had a white helmet before but it was offer and I was too tight to pay double the price for a coloured one. The model before has coloured ones at a similar price or even cheaper but each colour I fancied was out of my size.

1692304143107.png

Lol, I also ordered some sun glasses so I could get free delivery. It was £26 for delivery from Europe :ohmy:

1692304507746.png

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
A hardly used pair of Shimano M089 MTB shoes with cleats for £24 delivered. Hardly a mark on the soles, so these haven't seen much use (less than a few rides). Exactly the same as an existing pair, but they have had 8 years of hard use. Bought as they fit and are comfy. They are currently drying out, after a wash, on the dehumidifier.

They look a nice touring shoe tbh!

I have mt3s and hate the way the laces get oily....

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've got on so well with the 1x conversion of my Spa Elan and the 3 flat bars/29er with the same set up, that I'm going to do the same with my Van NIcholas main commuter shortly. The important bits have arrived over the past couple of days - a used SRAM Rival 1x left brake unit and an as new SRAM Rival 1x crank set - it had to be Rival for the 5 bolt pattern so I can fit a 46 tooth narrow/wide chainring I've had in the spares box for a while and the 40 tooth ring it came with will be sold on.

IMG_20230817_165003175_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom