What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A SRAM NX rear derailleur to go with the trigger shifter I picked up cheap a few weeks ago. These will probably find their way onto the Pickenflick flat bar to replace the Rival short cage set up currently on there if I can pick up a cheap MTB type cassette as well.

1713992215034.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Garmin outfront mount and a little Anker cylinder battery pack. The outfront should give me access to the charge port. Will likely need to charge my Garmin on the fly for the Mad Manc sportive in a week and a bit. Going to be a long day. I normally stem mount the Garmin.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Garmin outfront mount and a little Anker cylinder battery pack. The outfront should give me access to the charge port. Will likely need to charge my Garmin on the fly for the Mad Manc sportive in a week and a bit. Going to be a long day. I normally stem mount the Garmin.

I can never decide which is best, my outfront or stem mount. I have swapped about a number of times.

I really should leave both on but then I'd worry about the extra weight... :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Recent purchases:
  • A Mountain Morph pump from @smokeysmoo. That will be my pump for rides here 'oop north'. My old pump will be left at my sister's place in Devon. I am building up a set of spares and tools down there so I don't have to keep lugging them up and down the country.
  • A Crank Bros multitool. It is relatively heavy but very nicely made. That will be left in Devon. I have an old Crank Bros tool which I will keep here.
  • Two 700 x 32C Bontrager R3 tyres for the Devon bike. The 28 C tyres from that bike plus two spares will be brought back up here for my CAAD5. The 25C tyres from the CAAD5 will become spares for my DIY 1x6 Specialized bike.

SpokeyDokey

Recent purchases:
  • A Mountain Morph pump from @smokeysmoo. That will be my pump for rides here 'oop north'. My old pump will be left at my sister's place in Devon. I am building up a set of spares and tools down there so I don't have to keep lugging them up and down the country.
  • A Crank Bros multitool. It is relatively heavy but very nicely made. That will be left in Devon. I have an old Crank Bros tool which I will keep here.
  • Two 700 x 32C Bontrager R3 tyres for the Devon bike. The 28 C tyres from that bike plus two spares will be brought back up here for my CAAD5. The 25C tyres from the CAAD5 will become spares for my DIY 1x6 Specialized bike.

Tyres, bloody expensive things for what they are.

ColinJ

Tyres, bloody expensive things for what they are.
Indeed. I know some people don't think much of spending £40-50+ per tyre, but I certainly do!

I normally try to keep my spending down to £15-20 per tyre but thought that I would spend a bit more on those for the Devon bike. I ride that for only about 4-6 weeks a year so a decent pair of tyres like these will hopefully last me 3-5+ years. These two cost a total of just over £60.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

Indeed. I know some people don't think much of spending £40-50+ per tyre, but I certainly do!

I normally try to keep my spending down to £15-20 per tyre but thought that I would spend a bit more on those for the Devon bike. I ride it for about 4-6 weeks a year so a decent pair of tyres like these will hopefully last me 3-5+ years. These two cost a total of just over £60.

£86 for my latest pair.

My first really good bike was £37.50 :rolleyes::laugh:

ExBrit

Über Member
£86 for my latest pair.

My first really good bike was £37.50 :rolleyes::laugh:

Mine cost me two rabbit skins and a sharp flint. Tires not included.

1713998508497.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got the outfront only to use the charge port - rest of the bikes it's tucked away on the stem.

It's cost me an extra £30 to ride this blimmin sportive as it's that long (time wise), but I'll use the out front when doing KAW in September

EDIT.... Oh heck, I won't as I'll have a bar bag then....

Last edited:

ColinJ

I just ordered 4 pairs of brake blocks from DiscoBrakes for my CAAD5 (oldest, but best bike). 4 pairs were going for a reasonable £16.99 (which is why I ordered the spare couple of pairs) but then I spotted a discount code which currently gives 20% off - SPRINGRIDE.

ColinJ

A Crank Bros multitool. It is relatively heavy but very nicely made. That will be left in Devon. I have an old Crank Bros tool which I will keep here.
I have just been to Tod Aldi. They had a multi-tool for £4.99, less than a quarter of what the Crank Bros tool cost me. The CB tool is definitely better, but if you want a cheaper tool check your local Aldi! (They also have cheap track pumps etc. in.)

Top Bottom