What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I had this on mine. Contacted Lezynne who asked me to send the light back. Returned with a new cable and all has been good since.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I have three of these lights so might be worth sending them back. I've tried a new cable too.

Jody

Stubborn git
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I have three of these lights so might be worth sending them back. I've tried a new cable too.

I have loads of random USB cables and they all felt a bit slack. The one that Lezynne replaced was very tight. Well worth it if you have three

the stupid one

Über Member
Schwalbe Land Cruiser tyres, plus inner tubes and rim tape - refurbishing the old Ridgeback to see what happens.

Bottom bracket lock-ring tool and crank puller should I feel the need to play with that bit.

About to nip out to the LBC for some grease before I have a crack at the pedals.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Supernova fork bridge bracket and Supernova QR, plus a thing that replaces the nut on the end of the front wheel answer to mount a second lamp low down.

It's more of a 'need to buy'

My 'Club' bib-tights are to the point of unsafe to wear, with multiple holes
They've been sewn up innumerable times

On the bright side, they're not Assos, as kit was many years ago, when I first joined!

DSCF3319[1].JPG

Split
- on the inside of left thigh, near chamois
- outer right calf
- left knee
- where yellow insert, meets right thigh

The lycra has also deteriorated to the point of showing the 'yellow; of the elasticated fibres on both knees & calves

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
My Ebay addiction continues, this months bike purchases:

-vintage campagnolo cycling shorts with actual leather chamois!
-replacement bottle cage to replace a broken one
-flite saddle to replace SLR with a recently snapped rail
-replacement Sidi heel pads for SPD-SL shoes
-lovely bargain pair of silver 2nd hand campag chorus hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro rims complete with tyres and 29t cassette
-2 campag 9 speed rear hubs for spares or with a view to building up into wheelset at a later date
-2 campag cassettes so I can mix and match and make my own custom cassette ratios
-replacement Campag ergo power rubber brake/shifter hoods
-3T Arx Pro stem in -17 degrees for my Denti
and finally yesterday, some vintage 24 carat gold plated crank bolts for my gold lug lined Mercian, arguably my most vanity/tarty shameful purchase ever, but I'm worth it:becool:

Philhh

Time attac pedals mx2.I was out with my brother last Friday and when I finished riding I had pain in my right knee and thigh.I reckon I was too fixed in one position for too long.I guess some of it could have been bike fit-but I hadn't had the problem before and never had it before when I rode on time attac pedals-currently try both my bikes have shimano spd's on but I think the fixed position is a lot of the problem-we' ll see.I'm an old geezer getting fit again after a long lay off and my kid brother is on a mission with me.All the reports that I've read say knee pain -get time attac pedals and being a bit impatient I just grabbed the bikes by the pedals and decided to change Them!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Easton e50 685mm flat bar
Xtr rear mech
Xtr right shifter
deore hydraulic brakes
11/42 cassette
Raptor narrow wide 40t assymetric

Levo-Lon

Guru
A set of Boardman pro spdsl pedals..with KEO cleats.
250g ish the pair ,superb pedals.
The entry shimano spdsl can go to my son in law if he wants to try road shoes

Tom B

Guru
I've pushed the boat out and bought 89p with of previous cut and made up cable outer, a new bottle cage a a brake adapter totalling a tenner!

On the upside I'm chuffed CRC are now offering collect + as a free delivery option.

si_c

Guru
Bought two full sets of disc brake pads. There is still a lot of wear left in the current ones, even after 2k miles or so, but II'd rather be prepared.

screenman

Legendary Member
A new padlock, nice long chain, bracket to hang it on and unfortunately no keys. No it is not a combination, that will teach me not to let the Mrs talk me into something I did not want to buy in the first place.

Top Bottom