What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
A pair of cycling glasses (clear ones but with UV protection) and a soft case for them.

Hopefully I won't be picking flies out of my eyes anymore.

What did you get? Anything fancy?

New set of (custom) chainrings + bottom bracket + headset from Spa* - for the daily workhorse. The bike's 8 years old with I-don't-know-how-many-thousands of kms on it, so I'd say it's done pretty well!

Also bought new chainrings + BB for the touring bicycle earlier in the week, as was having some problems in France/Belgium/Netherlands at the beginning of the month. Assumed it just needed a bit of indexing but turns out the chainset-spindle end of the BB was bent! Again, thousands of kms done since new, though the BB has always been a bit suspect.

*Thank God for places like Spa who let you pick your own ring sizes + crank length! And thank God for the likes of Stronglight and TA who make this possible.

johnnyb47

Guru
It was yesterday, but I received and fitted my new 24mm one piece alloy seat post which replaced the old school chrome one with it's horrible scaffold like seat clamp.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
A threadless bottom bracket in the hope of keeping my frame alive for a while longer

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I bought some KALF mitts

kalf-mens-mitt.jpg

originally £25 at evanscycles but they were on clearance just as i walked in and bought mine for £15 -- I have no idea why they were on clearance as evans have literally just added them to their inventory.as a new product.

great pair of mitts! very comfortable and have reflective chevrons on the back to make sure youre seen when you indicate.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Knog Frog Strobe front and rear

Handy for daytime visibility in low light and/or wet conditions - while not having to fettle to install them or taking up much room

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
2 new tyres , continental 4 season ..

Tyres here too. Got some Thunder Burt 29x2.1 to replace the stock Giant Sycamore S's. Quieter and more comfy at the same pressures, feel a little more agile too. Only done 6 miles on them but they seem to roll better too.

Top Bottom