What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A new saddle. I've got on with my Fizik Arione but I've had 3 come un-stitched at the nose (I would have thought they would have coped with 62kg). To give Fizik their due they replaced the first two no quibble and probably would have replaced this third one too but it looked to me like a vicious circle so I've replaced it with a micro tex/ plastic Arione.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Both zips on my old Camelbak Lobo bag failed on the same ride so I decided to buy a new backpack. The Lobo was always a bit uncomfortable and I used to overload it on long rides (probably why the zips failed!) so a slightly larger, more comfortable bag was what I was looking for. Lidl currently have some quite nice looking backpacks for £16.99 but at 25L capacity, they are way bigger than the Lobo's 10L. I found a suitable 15L bag on Amazon (which looks like it was made by the same company) so I bought one of those instead. I used it on a quick ride today. It feels more comfortable than the old bag (wider straps and a mesh panel to hold it slightly away from my back) and the extra capacity will come in handy on long rides in variable weather conditions when I may want to add or remove clothing, and/or carry food & drink, and/or spares.

New cycling backpack.jpg

I needed to get the order over £20 to qualify for free delivery so I also bought a second bottle cage for my singlespeed bike. I hadn't expected to need 2 cages on that bike because it was supposedly just for short local rides but in reality I have used it for several metric and imperial century rides, plus a couple of 200 km rides. Blimey - it was £3.00 a couple of days ago but it has now gone up to £5.99!

New bottle cage.jpg

Best thing of all - I used the cashback from a recent holiday to pay for the order!

simonali

Guru
Some Hunt wheels with tubeless tyres. Bought today, not being delivered until last week of August, though.

:sad:

I was tempted to double the outlay and go for the carbon ones, which would have been delivered next week, but common sense prevailed.

Coming tomorrow, yay. Can't use them, though, as I have neglected to purchase brake discs and the cassette!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have taken the plunge & ordered a Wahoo Element Bolt from a link to Wiggle on Cyclechat.

Nonethewiser

Topeak Wedge Pack II medium - fits neatly under the saddle of my BMC and is large enough to hold a spare tube, levers and other bits whilst being narrow enough not to interfere with my pedal stroke. In my humble opinion is a nice stylish piece of kit and beats the bum bag that I was using previously!

mgs315

https://goo.gl/images/FHSvL9

One of them bad boys for the TCR. I’ve got a left hand crank power meter for it but the bike has thru-axles so isn’t compatible with my dumb trainer. I’m hoping this is a cheap way to measure my power indoors. Sure, no smart features but as long as I don’t cheat myself when following videos it’s all good. Cheaper than a smart trainer too so will do for this winter. Want to save for a direct drive smart trainer ideally.

Top Bottom