What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Brand X 60mm stem for the Inbred
it was cheap and I am still experimenting with the reach on this bike

Shimano Octalink Chainset Plug Tool
After seeing it on here and thinking I needed the proper tool for the job

North Shore Billet RockShox Cable Guide (Gold)
Totally overpriced and unesessary piece of bling for the Virtue - I did manage to resist buying one for over a year, but this was the last one in stock and I caved.

Serge

Über Member
Brand X 60mm stem for the Inbred
it was cheap and I am still experimenting with the reach on this bike

Shimano Octalink Chainset Plug Tool
After seeing it on here and thinking I needed the proper tool for the job

North Shore Billet RockShox Cable Guide (Gold)
Totally overpriced and unesessary piece of bling for the Virtue - I did manage to resist buying one for over a year, but this was the last one in stock and I caved.
You've just got to treat yourself to a bit of bling every now and again, it's compulsory.

2 rolls of tape for my new tubulars. I've never tried tape before - I know adhesive technology has come a long way and double-sided tape is commonly used in aerospace and construction these days but I'm sure I'll be aware of it being tape, not glue for the first few rides!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Time to start planning for winter. You may think its a long way off, but its closing in already. I thought I would have dynamo lights this year. The Luxos front light was a suggestion by one of the TCR riders. It has a main beam and a dipped beam operated by a handlebar switch and also has a usb port for charging electronics. The rear light plugs into it and a light on the rear of the unit shows if the rear light stops working. The B&M rear light is a favourite of mine. It works well.

Attachments

• IMG_20180811_152933.jpg
    IMG_20180811_152933.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 23

Serge

Über Member
Time to start planning for winter. You may think its a long way off, but its closing in already. I thought I would have dynamo lights this year. The Luxos front light was a suggestion by one of the TCR riders. It has a main beam and a dipped beam operated by a handlebar switch and also has a usb port for charging electronics. The rear light plugs into it and a light on the rear of the unit shows if the rear light stops working. The B&M rear light is a favourite of mine. It works well.
Let me know how you get on with routing the wires to the rear light. I still haven't quite got my head around how I'm going to do it in an aesthetically pleasing way on my new bike build.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have no idea what aesthetically pleasing way ^_^means I will try and make it look tidy, but making it work is first priority. Its never easy with so much wiring and photos never really show how tidy, or not, the final job is.

Serge

Über Member
I have no idea what aesthetically pleasing way ^_^means I will try and make it look tidy, but making it work is first priority. Its never easy with so much wiring and photos never really show how tidy, or not, the final job is.
For "aesthetically pleasing" read: "not looking like it's been fitted by a blind chimp with delerium tremens".

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I often find that if something looks like if its been fitted by a chef from Noma it falls off.

If the chimp fits it. It stays on for years.

Go on then. Wheres my chefs hat and apron?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yo
No, I'm more of a "cook it and slap it on the plate" chef. Although I did have the honour of working with a chef a couple of weeks ago who had worked at Noma. To say that we had rather different skill sets would be a bit of an understatement!
Your not much good with tweezers then

Top Bottom