What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Wheel truing stand, should be easier than zip ties

Wheel truing stand, should be easier than zip ties
I am lazy (very) the rigida ones that have tungsten carbide fired at them at something times the speed of sound on one Rohloff bike. I think its Sputnik on the other. Never needed any trueing first owner did 20,000 kilometres on them Pakistan and south Africa. I think he said he did minimal work on them. No idea what miles I have done on them but (at least 5,000) lots of off road no trueing needed. The true zero maintenance rims for the lazy cyclist! A bit heavy mind but only if you compare them with other rims. Dont and you won't notice! Not a weight weeny rim!

I've just bought one of these from the interweb place that sounds like a rainforest in order to alleviate the handlebar real estate issue on the hybrid...

61RR1CSJlaL._SX679_.jpg

Gunk

Guru
Where do you buy them? Is there good profit margin and more importantly where do you sell them!

We either get them via word of mouth or off Gumtree. We sell on eBay. It’s my sons little business I just help him out. He does very well out of it

We either get them via word of mouth or off Gumtree. We sell on eBay. It’s my sons little business I just help him out. He does very well out of it
Do you post? I live rural so suspect buyers maybe limited, although I have got rid off all my very old, low value bikes easy peasy...dirt cheap though!. I have a Thorn I am flogging on ebay via the £1 deal, collection only. Lots of interest. 2 buyers bike to small one every thing right but didn't read the "collection only no PayPal". I intend on leaving it on as it will sell in spring. Relist everytime they offer £1 maximum deal (normally every 2 weeks. Either way your sons business sounds like a nice little earner. A good way to start.
You/he might try this. Ebay via baycrazy or mse equivalent. These sights look for collection allowed. In there there will be collections only. They go very very cheap. As a lot can easily be resold at a decent profit if you are willing to post. If I set within 10 miles around me I will only get 200 at most. In a city I would get 2000 plus 5 miles from me. I occasionally did this when I stayed in Manchester. One item 99p sold at £108. I never bid myself I use a bid sniper like Gixen, that way you don't get into bidding wars. Try the site but dont put anything in the search as you don't have to.

Gunk

Guru
Do you post? I live rural so suspect buyers maybe limited, although I have got rid off all my very old, low value bikes easy peasy...dirt cheap though!. I have a Thorn I am flogging on ebay via the £1 deal, collection only. Lots of interest. 2 buyers bike to small one every thing right but didn't read the "collection only no PayPal". I intend on leaving it on as it will sell in spring. Relist everytime they offer £1 maximum deal (normally every 2 weeks. Either way your sons business sounds like a nice little earner. A good way to start.
You/he might try this. Ebay via baycrazy or mse equivalent. These sights look for collection allowed. In there there will be collections only. They go very very cheap. As a lot can easily be resold at a decent profit if you are willing to post. If I set within 10 miles around me I will only get 200 at most. In a city I would get 2000 plus 5 miles from me. I occasionally did this when I stayed in Manchester. One item 99p sold at £108. I never bid myself I use a bid sniper like Gixen, that way you don't get into bidding wars. Try the site but dont put anything in the search as you don't have to.

I live in Oxford so we always do collection only

Top Bottom