What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Some Cinelli cork ribbon bar tape

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
New Ultegea R8000 SPD SL pedals arrived today. Fitted and cleats fitted. Test ride tomorrow. Shimano must be making a fortune on stuff like this. No way is there £100 in those pedals. Anyway.
Had a rummage at the Keo basic pedals. Not much to them either.

Reactions: DSK

8mph

Veteran
After 2 weeks of no riding, I finally got out on the mountain bike and tried out the new Halo wheelset. They've transformed the usually nimble little 26er into a brute. The bike takes a little more effort to get up to speed but then it thunders along the flats, ploughs through gravel and descents feel amazing.
But....

Within half an hour on the bike I had convinced myself that I ought to have a second wheelset more befitting for the cx frame, something for light duties, cx, road, gravel and keep the Halos for trails, tours and winter wheels. This is a plan I've been hatching for some time, in order to keep the bike collection down to two. So when I got home I did the only responsible thing and ordered this.

Hand-built wheelset:
26" Mavic xm719 rims
Shimano XT disk hubs
Black Halo Aura 2mm plain gauge spokes
160mm XT rotors.

And for the rack.

1 seat post clamp with rack mounting
1 Blackburn 230mm QR skewer for rear rack
1 set Green Halo Hex hex squewers

8mph

Veteran
Seems there's a rush on tyres at the moment, in the end I opted for 26 x 2.3" Continental Mountain King 3 tyres. Quite happy with the choice and price considering what was available.

Reactions: DSK

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
2 Panaracer Pasela 27x1 tyres for my old Falcon.
I thought I would go slightly smaller than the old 27x1 1/4 that have always been on it.

DSK

Homcom bike maintenance stand.
(Pricey but highly recommended should anyone be struggling to get one).

Another Prolite A42W wheelset.

This week, I have variously purchased:
Full set of Shimano MTB cables.
2 pairs of Ergon grips.
Blue ty-raps for re-installing the Cateye, once I've repaired it...
Set of ST-EF65-9 2-finger (V-brake only) brake-shifters for the Trek. the 4-finger versions will then be going on the Scott, as they can be set for other brake types too.

8mph

Veteran
I bought some Manitou Black 90-120mm coil forks on eBay. I own some Black Elite 100-120s and love them but there's no lockout, they're overdue a service and I don't have a manual. The new ones have have lockout, have had a TF Tuned service and come with a manual, so hopefully, I'll have a better understanding of how to service the old forks after reading it. They're in great cosmetic condition and were going cheap, so I didn't wait to snap them up.

Top Bottom