What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUN-Marie-Curie-Cycling-Jersey-Endura-Large-Unisex-/274372350631

Bright summer top. Good price, great cause. Washed well. Medium fits me , but I am on the skinny side

NotAsGoodAsMyBike

Just ordered some new rubber hoods for the brakes on my fixed. After 13 years, the rubber is getting so clammy my mitts are sticking to the rubber (nearly had an off the other day when I went to indicate right and my handlebars stuck to my hand causing me to veer right slightly before I corrected it!).

The brake levers are Condor-branded versions of Cane Creek levers, which they updated to a new design a few years ago and no UK shop seems to have the old version in stock, so I’ve taken a punt and ordered from a bike shop in the US. Only $11 but another $16 in postage. Here’s hoping they fit (when they arrive in about a fortnight)...

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Shimano GRX 810 Brake levers & callipers for the Ti CdF. My patience has finally run out with the squealing old units.

Some padded shorts for myself. ^_^

I bought some fancy schmancy disc brake pads, with fins on them, for the Bianchi. Not because I needed new pads yet, just because they look pro:laugh:. I also bought a new pair of Boardman shoes for the winter hack. Irritatingly, they only have euro sizing on the Halfords website, for these shoes, and I don’t do euro sizing. I checked the size on a web site, and Euro 44 came up as U.K. 10. It isn’t though, Euro 44 is U.K. 9.5. Anyway, the shoes do fit, because they are all ‘elasticy’. So that’s okay then. I’ve got to get on and order a super record 11-32 cassette, because the 11-29 cassette the Bianchi, makes things harder work than it needs to be on a 20% incline, with the 52-36 chainset.

si_c

Guru
I just pulled the trigger on some new wheels for the Racelight, Bontrager Aeolus Pro 5s, super pretty wheels and aren't too expensive for what they are. Also had to get new tyres, inner tubes, cassette and disc rotors.

I think my credit card made a slight "eep" noise as I was putting the pin in :blink:. Most of it's on Cycle-to-work though, so that makes it instantly a bargain! Right? :laugh:

Johnno260

Veteran
Paid the deposit on some wheels from a local wheel builder, can’t wait for them!

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Just visited the epic bleed solutions website and ordered a bleed kit for the SRAM brakes on the Kona. The lever on the rear brake almost hits the bar at full bite, not sure the've ever been bled in four years, so probably overdue!

Willd

Veteran
Some cleat covers. I never knew these existed before looking for replacement cleats. I haven't walked far on the current pair of cleats, but have a tarmac drive which has really chewed them up :angry: Hopefully some covers will help.

ukbabz

Über Member
A new dura-ace chain as old one (KMC) was starting to wear after 3700km. First test ride and drive chain is much smoother and quieter.

Also ordered new pedals (Shimano PD-M520) and some new brakepads for my MTB.

Top Bottom