What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SafetyThird

some inner tubes and rim tape plus a Topeak saddle bag for the road bike that's large enough to throw a waterproof in.
Yesterday was a cheap Shimano Dynohub wheel for £30 from decathlon to try on the shopper/tourer bike and a power bug USB for charging the phone from it. If it all works well then I might upgrade the wheel for something better next year if the St Malo to Nice trip becomes a reality.

vickster

Legendary Member
A new Topeak rack and pannier bag as zip had gone on old tatty one. Bargain price at a Millets in Kingston (technically bought on Tuesday, collected today)

Pair of used 105 brake calipers. Managed to terminate my rear caliper this morning while trying to fit a new cable. Trivial. What could possibly go wrong? Well, it did. 18 squids for a pair of 105s seems ok, they're old, but then so is the bike. And its rider...

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Do you use the wee optional locking screw or is it sturdy enough just without it?
Never used it. I remember reading when I got the Bolt that the only reason they supply the screw is for pro teams as under UCI rules you're not allowed a cycling computer that can be easily removed from the bike, it has to be attached hence the screw.

C R

Guru
Muck off dry chain lube, found by chance in Aldi, I got the last bottle.

Inspector Monkfish

Never used it. I remember reading when I got the Bolt that the only reason they supply the screw is for pro teams as under UCI rules you're not allowed a cycling computer that can be easily removed from the bike, it has to be attached hence the screw.

It's not that they aren't allowed, it's to do with the UCI weigh in regulations. From dcrainmakers review:

By enabling this, Wahoo’s sponsored pro teams (such as Team Sky) could include the unit during bike weigh-ins (applicable at UCI sanctioned events such as the Tour de France), as opposed to having to remove the unit for the weigh-in. Since the goal of most weigh-ins is to meet the minimum weight threshold, this enables them to do so without ‘adding’ weight afterwards (installing a bike computer after the weigh-in).

Mike_P

Guru
Cable puller ordered, the hybrid for some reason is always a pain to re-cable and far too long spent getting getting nowhere this afternoon.

Top Bottom