What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
wow, good shopping! nice bench grinder, btw!

Its a proper mess at the moment as it's in the process of being emptied whilst also being used and the building is coming down and being replaced as it's reached end of life.

Annoyingly the overshoes are way too small.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
those are are nice! look thick! I tried some for my cleated MTB shoes (which I use on my road bike) but the front hole doesn't line up with the cleat. I would have to trim it w/ scissors to make it work. any trouble lining up the hole with those?

Unlike a lot of overshoes that just arent made for MTB shoes from the ground up or have MTB support as an afterthought (DHB ones for example...) these are absolutely fine as they use a little Velcro to hold it together (quite a smart design really!)

ZS8_dD05ODVDMzg3RkY3M0M3MDNERTVCRjc2QjUzQkQ1RTc1Qg.jpg

if youre going to be expecting windchill to be around the -3'c mark then I highly suggest pairing them with something like toe thingys underneath the overshoe that will really really help keep the chill away. Pair it with a good pair of socks. your feet will still be cold but they wont be frozen. (dont forget to size up as shoes tend to be bigger than feet and there are different sizes of overshoe available)

Big John

Guru
567984 Bought one of these from Halfords for £10. Works well except for one thing......you can't tell how far you've pushed the rivet out so you have to keep faffing about with the chain to check. As for pushing the rivet out its slick and smooth but the 'blind spot', meaning you can't see the rivet coming out, is a design flaw. Other than that they've put some thought into it. It does all chains from single speed to 12 speed and has a natty container for holding spare pins. Seems well built for the money.

Unlike a lot of overshoes that just arent made for MTB shoes from the ground up or have MTB support as an afterthought (DHB ones for example...) these are absolutely fine as they use a little Velcro to hold it together (quite a smart design really!)
nice! wish I came across those or similar when I was shopping. I wound up with these instead

Giro Proof 2.0 Winter Shoe Cover Unisex Adult Cycling Shoe Covers

P1140142.JPG

P1140141.JPG

but tough to find anything that fits my Euro size 48 shoes

just tried this combo w/ the new toe clip covers & they fit! ha! might put those on the road bike for a spin today. that would be an ironic? combo, cleated MTB shoes, w/ neoprene covers, w/ old school toe clips & covers (instead of my usual winter boots)

P1140139 - SMALL.JPG

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
nice! wish I came across those or similar when I was shopping. I wound up with these instead

Giro Proof 2.0 Winter Shoe Cover Unisex Adult Cycling Shoe Covers

View attachment 568066
View attachment 568067

but tough to find anything that fits my Euro size 48 shoes

just tried this combo w/ the new toe clip covers & they fit! ha! might put those on the road bike for a spin today. that would be an ironic? combo, cleated MTB shoes, w/ neoprene covers, w/ old school toe clips & covers (instead of my usual winter boots)

View attachment 568077

You can take a punt. The largest size is EU48-49 (XXXL) buy from amazon for easy refunds if they dont fit. £42 from amazon and free delivery too as opposed to wiggle for £49+4P&P

might put those on the road bike for a spin today. that would be an ironic? combo, cleated MTB shoes, w/ neoprene covers, w/ old school toe clips & covers (instead of my usual winter boots)
skipped all that cuz it was cold enough to just use the winter boots on the flats on the MTB. got these for my son & myself, for a cold football playoff game several years ago. gotta get my money's worth out of them
ACTP0738.JPG

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
when I looked on the Amazon US I couldn't find the item

Ah i see. Youre in the US. Since that is the case its not worth it. The amount you pay for customs and shipping means youre better off spending that money on other options locally available to you, ontop of that, you get whatever warranty is available to you.

Wiggle do ship all over the world afaik but of course you pay a lot more for it.

::EDIT::

and i just checked Wiggle all sizes apart from Small are gone. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Ah i see. Youre in the US. Since that is the case its not worth it. The amount you pay for customs and shipping means youre better off spending that money on other options locally available to you, ontop of that, you get whatever warranty is available to you.

Wiggle do ship all over the world afaik but of course you pay a lot more for it.

::EDIT::

and i just checked Wiggle all sizes apart from Small are gone. :laugh::laugh:
THANK YOU!
no worries I found a cpl similar items here

this seller says the YODZ XXXL would fit Euro size 48 shoes

it appears from the size chart that the XXL sized PEARL IZUMI Pro Barrier WxB MTB Shoe Cover would work & it's a brand I've bought before for other things

but this
GORE WEAR C3 might be an easier fit

but I'm thinking I should trim what I have w/ scissors & maybe reinforce the remaining section on the sole w/ some
Tenacious Tape that I bought for another purpose. then if that plan fails, but something else

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
THANK YOU!
no worries I found a cpl similar items here

this seller says the YODZ XXXL would fit Euro size 48 shoes

it appears from the size chart that the XXL sized PEARL IZUMI Pro Barrier WxB MTB Shoe Cover would work & it's a brand I've bought before for other things

but this
GORE WEAR C3 might be an easier fit

but I'm thinking I should trim what I have w/ scissors & maybe reinforce the remaining section on the sole w/ some
Tenacious Tape that I bought for another purpose. then if that plan fails, but something else

Those pearl izumi ones look pretty good! The Gore on the other hand look like they are designed for road shoes IMO, you'll end up shredding those in no time, material on those looks pretty thin too. C3's are expensive here and it would hurt to cut them up but thats your call to make.

some sites say that the pear Izumi's are fleece lined and good for temperatures between 0-10'c. Just make sure you got your toe thingys on and you'll probably be ok dipping into the minuses.

The YODZ looks like a close match for the gripgrabs but theres no telling how thick their neoprene is compared to the 4mm of the gripgrab. No reviews on them either so thats a bit of a gamble.

The Pearl Izumi's seem to be the only solid choice.

Top Bottom