What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bont Riot+ MTB in double wide fit. Direct from Bont as no retailers stock them. I went for black. I tried a pair with blue straps and the gloss finish just didnt sit well with me. Kept thinking Dorothy Wizard of Oz
DF0357EC-1A71-4667-AFA8-B966CFE5F508.jpeg

Those pearl izumi ones look pretty good! The Gore on the other hand look like they are designed for road shoes IMO, you'll end up shredding those in no time, material on those looks pretty thin too. C3's are expensive here and it would hurt to cut them up but thats your call to make.

some sites say that the pear Izumi's are fleece lined and good for temperatures between 0-10'c. Just make sure you got your toe thingys on and you'll probably be ok dipping into the minuses.

The YODZ looks like a close match for the gripgrabs but theres no telling how thick their neoprene is compared to the 4mm of the gripgrab. No reviews on them either so thats a bit of a gamble.

The Pearl Izumi's seem to be the only solid choice.
oh gee that you so much for sorting thru that! Yes. I've been holding off cutting the Giros I have ... 60 bucks is 60 bucks, but I have not used them once. every now & then I do want to wear my cleated MTB shoes w/ the road bike (in weather that's just right for a cover like those), so I think I might just give the PI's a try. thanks again!

Parcel waiting for me on the kitchen table today, from Planet X

Which isn't bad considering I ordered late Tuesday afternoon (maybe 17:00), only paid for standard delivery
New lights, for when wife starts commuting again
Daughters b/f borrowed her front-lights, then had his bike stolen, so I reckon he owes me the cost of these:smile:

1. I appear to have got the last 'Burn Baby Burn' (double LED) in stock, as it's not listed anymore
2. Possibly one of the last 'Mini 400', as that's not listed either now....
3. I'm not too enamoured about the name of the 'back-up' light in the white 'bubble-pack' :eek:

Lighting. 26.jpg

Lighting. 27.jpg

Last, but not least, as far as daughter concerned
She likes McDonalds milkshakes, but complains about the paper-straws 'imploding' when they get too wet, bet this won't
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CPJOBTBS8/jobsworth-titanium-8mm-bevel-straw
Straw.jpg

Oh!!
And...

I returned a helmet to them on (I believe) Tues 5, next day/recorded, as it was the wrong size

I've still not heard anything, or received replacement (one of the 'reflective coating)

oh gee that you so much for sorting thru that! Yes. I've been holding off cutting the Giros I have ... 60 bucks is 60 bucks, but I have not used them once. every now & then I do want to wear my cleated MTB shoes w/ the road bike (in weather that's just right for a cover like those), so I think I might just give the PI's a try. thanks again!
just got the Pearl Izumi PRO Barrier WxB MTB Shoe Covers sixe XXL & squeezed them onto my 48s. I believe I have them on as far down as they will go. I like the way the Grip Grabs are designed better. the GripGrabs show more sole around the cleat

P1140149.JPG

P1140147.JPG

P1140152.JPG

I'll just have to try them & see how they mate up w/ my cleated platform FUNN Mamba pedals

cleated_into_shoes_31411b799562e80c9eb767308ef44371be3d8291.jpg

side_view_w_shoes_cleated_in_17e04f72316cfbac535465f84565202c5867c3b0.jpg

actp0796_46c5ce491005264059963c76bb0cce2e30daf201.jpg

Last edited:
Two chains (10-speed) from Decathlon (Sheffield)
They state that they are KMC manufactured, just in own packaging

£28, for 2 (not seen KMC chains that cheap recently!!)

I finished work early, ordered them
Rang home, to ask daughter if she wanted a ride, which increased the time/mileage
I'd have got on M1, at Carr-Gate... jct 41, if she wasn't bothered
However, after picking her up, we joined the M62 @ jct 31, then onto the M1, at Thorpe (jct 29/M62)

However.... as we pulled into the carr-park, an email came through stating order was cancelled
Rather querulously we went in
On speaking to one of the staff, he offered to go & look
There was stock on the shelf, so brought them for me

NB; it's 'Click & Collect' only

Edit; Sunday 31st @ 17:10
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/10-speed-bike-chain/_/R-p-311685?mc=8555637

Last edited:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I went to Halfords to get a couple of rim tapes. They didn't have any. When I asked the guy said sorry but we use insulating tape.
Not best practice for a shop I thought? However I've done it and that's what I have done today!!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Spare disc brake pads for the Giant flatbar
Spare disc brake pads for the Bootzipper
Spare rim brake pads for the main commuter
Chain lube.
The way this year is going, it won't be long before these get used thanks to weather & road conditions.

Top Bottom