What have you bought for the tent today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Bought me new tent pegs. Similar to those supplied with my Zephyros. They're a V shape and can be pushed into the ground with my palm without excruciating pain unlike those stupid x shape ones. A handy hole in the top takes a loop of paracord for easily pulling them out.
Didn't half take some finding as they seem to be only made by terra nova/wild country and vango.

simongt

Guru
Bought an airbeam tent from Go Outdoors a couple of years back. On a windy festival site, despite being correctly inflated ( also factor in the weight of a pump ) pegged and guyed, it bent and swayed in the wind. also rainwater ingressed and pooled at the bases of some of the airbeams. So it went back and money refunded. Not impressed. :angry:

Bought an airbeam tent from Go Outdoors a couple of years back. On a windy festival site, despite being correctly inflated ( also factor in the weight of a pump ) pegged and guyed, it bent and swayed in the wind. also rainwater ingressed and pooled at the bases of some of the airbeams. So it went back and money refunded. Not impressed. :angry:

that’s a different experience from Mine, ours has, when correctly inflated performed brilliantly But when I left a vent open, it wasn’t so good

Bought me new tent pegs. Similar to those supplied with my Zephyros. They're a V shape and can be pushed into the ground with my palm without excruciating pain unlike those stupid x shape ones. A handy hole in the top takes a loop of paracord for easily pulling them out.
Didn't half take some finding as they seem to be only made by terra nova/wild country and vango.
May I ask why you didn't keep the ones from your Zephyros?

If you use cycling gloves (I always do) the padded bit at the base of the thumb gives a bit of protection for pushing in pegs. Since I normally have at least one pop bottle on the bike, the cap inverted can work great for really tough ground.
And yes, those paracord loops are great things!^_^

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Nah not colour coordinated, however it just so happens that the orange bits on my new sleeping bag match the orange bits on my new tent...and they match the orange bits on my camping chair! Who'd have thought it? ^_^
I like to have each tent ready to go, with its own pegs and footprint. Less farting about to do when going camping. Plus there's the benefit of having lots of spare pegs should some vanish on site.

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
A silk sleeping bag liner.
The project I had to shorten my old one using my new sewing machine went tits up.
However, my other project to personalise the footprint to match the tents shape seems to have gone quite well. Putting the tent up tomorrow night in the wilderness that is my back garden to test it.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
The project I had to shorten my old one using my new sewing machine went tits up.
However, my other project to personalise the footprint to match the tents shape seems to have gone quite well. Putting the tent up tomorrow night in the wilderness that is my back garden to test it.
Photos of footprint to come?

The decathlon one by any chance? I have one. Very good.

Ps, if you can't manage to do a sack with your new sewing machine, i rather fear for your spring collection.

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Well here it is. So manly and butch it looks like a NASA space rocket.

I've had to undersized it at the doors because decathlons designers made the door bottoms arch up to aid airflow. Rain could get under those arches, land on the footprint and build up to a mighty swamp under the tent which could swallow the universe!

I just need to lengthen the corner elastics as I can't stretch the tent to its full size atm. Besides that, I'm quite proud of myself ^_^

Top Bottom