What have you bought that has been a total waste of money?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some of the things I've bought on Yellow Sticker in Tesco. I'm open to trying anything, but there have been the odd items that I'd never have again even if I was paid to take them away. From memory, this includes the following:

1) Finest roast chicken pie -good pastry, plenty of chicken but so woefully under-seasoned...
2) Finest chicken, ham hock & leek pies - what's the point of a pie 3 inches tall when there's only half an inch of filling in them. Plus the pastry was like a shoe sole.
3) Finest courgette and cheese flan - just ghastly.
4) Vegan mushroom burgers with quinoa, miso and porcini mushrooms - wet cardboard would have tasted better.
5) Root vegetable chips - like eating shoe soles.
6) Duck & orange pate - tasted overwhelmingly of cheap orange squash, so it went in the bin.
7) Vegetable & cheese bake - woefully under-seasoned and a distinct lack of cheese.

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe not a waste of money,but it's looking like they could be. A month ago i mentioned that i'd bought an iron and ironing board,as I hadn't worn ironed clothes for 2 years. A month later both are still in their box and plastic wrapping. I suppose i'm just too lazy to bother with ironing.:tired:
Take them back while you can, then they'll not be a waste of money

vickster

Legendary Member
2 weeks is very short for a shop

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
:smile:

truly sad - I did once have an encounter with someone who had some that were up against the date (can't remember which side) - I was too tactful to ask what all that was about.

edit - I'm sure the creative types on here can think of something those past-date items could have been used for in the more innocent cycling world. By the by, I gather WW2 aircrews used to use them to muffle wind noise on in-flight mikes. (sound devices)
For waterproofing bananas

Top Bottom