What have you bought that has been a total waste of money?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Damn,now you've got me thinking! Return or keep? I can't decide.:unsure: What would you do?

back in the 90s when I was young and foolish I bought a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans. They were in the sale but not my size. I convinced myself they were a bargain so bought them.
They cost over £100 and I was a student. I wore them once.
Ah yes the great "designer jeans" scam - started in the 80s I think - how much design do jeans need? - 2 legs the right length and fits ok at the back.

vickster

Legendary Member
Damn,now you've got me thinking! Return or keep? I can't decide.:unsure: What would you do?
Take it back

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Prescriptions for pain relief prescribed by the doctor to 'help me'. Made me into a zombie (and miserable).

Sometimes my wife wishes I was back to being a zombie (I'm sure she was joking :unsure: ) I can still be miserable so she sends me out on the bike and hey presto! Back to being one happy chappy (I have never milked this for all its worth. Honest. No, really I haven't :whistle: )

Provisonal UK licence: Never used once.

My German driving licence: still licenceless in my mid twenties, and by then living in rural Bavaria, I was convinced I 'needed' to be able to drive with family on the way and people saying stuff like "What if you have to go to the doctor suddenly?"

It cost about €2000 and I was stressed and miserable whenever I drove.

I now don't drive because I had panic attacks in a number of situations including driving: I wouldn't notice them but I'd miss details and I was terrified I'd go through a red light or not see a child.

By this time I'd also realised that Germany has cycleways and if the Good Lord wanted me to drive he'd not have given us bicycles.

So now I have a €2000 personalised ice scraper. I could have built an awesome Surly Xtracycle for that money.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ronseal one coat shed and fence paint.It took 5 coats to block out the dark blue coating.One week after drying it rained and the door looks like that Tiger bread you get in Sainsbugs,the rain,the rain has discoloured the door,total sheet.
Ronseal really is bad for shed and fence paint. You'd be better off drinking 4l of Coke and peeing on the fence.

Top Bottom