What have you bought that has been a total waste of money?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
MagicBullett machine for liquidising fruit n veg. At first I thought it was the best thing ever, but after a while it just sat in a cupboard getting in the way. Eventually I bay’d it. It’s much less hassle just eating the fruit n veg as is.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Pressure cooker.

Horrible dried food, no taste.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
View attachment 461290

I have now exchanged these gloves, with a mate, for coffee and cake :whistle:

I have a pair of Assos ones rather like that and I really like them. Ditto my 3 finger motorbike gloves, albeit had to dump the latter as insulation had perished after 25 years storage. Design was sound though. My leathers had shrunk too over the same timeframe

Smart phone

Wretched thing never really worked and was more of a distraction when I realised I could watch cycling videos. In my new job it was never going to last for long, and I was glad when it finally broke down terminally an I could get back to using an old fashioned phone...

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a pair of Assos ones rather like that and I really like them. Ditto my 3 finger motorbike gloves, albeit had to dump the latter as insulation had perished after 25 years storage. Design was sound though. My leathers had shrunk too over the same timeframe
I just couldn't change gear, or brake easily. Way too fiddly on my Defy2.

gbb

Legendary Member
A fortnight? Pah!

I had a Rover 200 for a week when the head gasket went and I had to scrap it. It had only cost £300 and I hated it anyway, so apart from the inconvenience I was glad to see the back of the heap. I wasn't surprised when Rover went bust a year later, it was a detestable thing to drive.
A week ? Pah!
I needed a car to travel between Nottingham and Bingham for work circa 1976. I brought a rather old Austin 1100, the owner had spent a lot of time painting the underside with underbody seal, which at 17, I thought was a good idea.:thumbsup:

1 hour later....:sad: it dawned on me what I had done in my naivety. The subframes felt like they were going to fall out. I gulped and took it back to its former private owner, who ga e me my money back, no problem.
Shortest time I've ever owned a car. 1 hour:whistle:

Top Bottom