What have you bought that has been a total waste of money?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Bought a bike off a mate for £20 to keep in London as my commuter bike. After a brief test ride I knew it was pretty awful so I beat him down from the £50 he was asking for. It was only when I unleashed it on the mean streets of London I realized how many different ways it had of trying to kill me. Took it too a bike shop to see how much it would cost to sort it out .. result it still lingers in St Pancrase station, unloved and certainly unused !

vickster

Legendary Member
Bought a bike off a mate for £20 to keep in London as my commuter bike. After a brief test ride I knew it was pretty awful so I beat him down from the £50 he was asking for. It was only when I unleashed it on the mean streets of London I realized how many different ways it had of trying to kill me. Took it too a bike shop to see how much it would cost to sort it out .. result it still lingers in St Pancrase station, unloved and certainly unused !
Why not give it to a bike coop who can maybe do something with it rather than leaving as litter. :rolleyes:

Brains

Legendary Member
s.

And a Garmin Edge explore 820 - £200 for a non user friendly POS...

You want to buy my one ?
£50 and it's yours

I paid £100 it, second hand
Tried it a number of times on my commute to work (basis i knew where I was going, so it could not send me in the wrong direction)
I never figured out how to get it to do the entire route, it would start off OK and then sooner or later try to turn me around and I had missed one of the way points by 1 meter, after that point it would become useless and each next way point was out of order (or missed by a few meters)

Sealskinz gloves, hard to put on, harder to remove, does not keep hands dry.

I may have mis-purchased Nikon D5300. It is potentially a fine camera but DX lenses were never really well supported by Nikon. Also, you cant calibrate the focus of individual lenses like you can higher up the food chain.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Why not give it to a bike coop who can maybe do something with it rather than leaving as litter. :rolleyes:
I have lots of good mates like that.
Edit.
Vickster......that was directed at @rugby blokes original post. Dont know how it turned up on yours. Please ignore

Last edited:
Top Bottom