What have you broken today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes, forgot to include how much riding is done in bad weather. Brakes and drivetrain won't last nearly as long for winter commuting as they would if used mostly for summer leisure rides.

Goofball

My week of eating healthy stuff, had a big fry this morning. :whistle:

OP
OP
Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Broke the speedometer for the knockabout bike. Completely my own fault as I'd unclipped it while I was walking the bike in town (didn't want to record that bit) and didn't clip it back in again properly before riding off.

By the time I realised it was missing it had been driven over and smashed.:sad:

A replacement is on order but that's money I'd rather have spent on something else this weekend.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
IMG_20180826_102515519[1].jpg
Pedal felt funny yesterday , took a look and it it was about to come unscrewed from the axle.

Last edited:

mgs315

I broke my dream of ever being a decent track rider yesterday. Went for some track skills training at Herne Hill. Sprint finish was more a case of me flying out the back of the bunch haha.

Nearly broke myself. Sudden front tyre deflation at 35mph on a 1 in 7 descent, heading for a stop line at a crossroads. Braked as hard as I dared with the rear brake and stopped just in time. The road surface is awful and I must have hit the edge of a pothole - classic snakebite puncture. 110psi in the tyre, too.

Ouch. Glad to hear you're still in one piece.

We have similar problems here: roads are maintained for cars, not bikes, wihich can lead to problems a car driver wouldn't notice but can be dangerous for us.

screenman

Legendary Member
My knee, diagnosed with arthritis 25 years ago and have managed it well up to now, every step is unpleasant.

Top Bottom