What have you broken today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Broke one of the healing ribs this afternoon :ohmy: - meaning that I've now got 2 broken ones still; the one today and the break that's just under my shoulder which refuses to join.

I've been referred for x-rays, possible surgery and physio on the damaged hip.

How have you done one of the ribs - fell on it ? Yikes.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A spoke snapped on the rear wheel this afternoon. Just waiting to hear from Superstar Components about having it fixed as the wheel is only 6 months old.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I may well be breaking something expensive later on today! :laugh:

I have to service my RH Chorus ergopower shifter, which has been losing its indexing. The reassuring 'clunk' when shifting had disappeared. It was hard to tell if gear shifts had actually taken place and it was getting worse with every ride.

I have watched a Campagnolo video which makes it look easy but I have already torn the rubber hood getting it off, so that does not bode well for the rest of the job! Lots of little springs, bolts and washers to fly off to the dark corners of the room ...

Nibor

Bewildered
I may well be breaking something expensive later on today! :laugh:

I have to service my RH Chorus ergopower shifter, which has been losing its indexing. The reassuring 'clunk' when shifting had disappeared. It was hard to tell if gear shifts had actually taken place and it was getting worse with every ride.

I have watched a Campagnolo video which makes it look easy but I have already torn the rubber hood getting it off, so that does not bode well for the rest of the job! Lots of little springs, bolts and washers to fly off to the dark corners of the room ...
When disassembling something which may go ping do it inside a large transparent bag so all pingees are caught. Works well for circlips etc.

Too Tyred

When shifting. Not exactly certain. It's the one that takes you from the small chainring to the outer one. Probably over exuberance? Went with some force, looped straight into a hedgerow never to be seen again.

I'm guessing it's not going to be that cheap of a fix? Depends on the quality of new shifters?

Top Bottom