What have you broken today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A lot fewer clay pigeons than I would have liked.

OP
OP
Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A crank puller, a Dura Ace shifter and a Deore rear derailleur. All brand new - what a good day of fettling.:crazy::cry::cry: On top of that I knocked my brother's bike over and have chipped the paint in two places.:banghead:

To be fair the shifter and derailleur aren't actually broken, just badly scuffed however the crank puller has had it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
carbon stem aka china bayjobbie let the bars rotate downwards for the second time so i have ordered a deda one as i can be doing with it.The bike is also creaking every pedal stroke enough to be annoying so i guess i need to regrease the BB threads .

OP
OP
Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hey! :hugs:
I broke, well rounded the nut, really, of my first ever crank puller: it was a cheap one from the bay, the LBS laughed, then sold me a proper one with a handle.
On current form I'd probably break that too.:laugh: The crank is well and truly stuck and I've tried heat and a bit of penetrating oil too. I may have to admit defeat and ask one of the local bike shops.

Hope it doesn't mean a new chainset as I hadn't budgeted for that. On the other hand, after the knee problems last year I've been wondering about trying a set of slightly shorter cranks

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
On current form I'd probably break that too.:laugh: The crank is well and truly stuck and I've tried heat and a bit of penetrating oil too. I may have to admit defeat and ask one of the local bike shops.

Hope it doesn't mean a new chainset as I hadn't budgeted for that. On the other hand, after the knee problems last year I've been wondering about trying a set of slightly shorter cranks
Oh, your knockabout bike? :sad:

OP
OP
Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Oh, your knockabout bike? :sad:
Nope. This was all on my recent purchase:
DSC0003633.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member

Have you tried diet coke?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Broke one of the healing ribs this afternoon :ohmy: - meaning that I've now got 2 broken ones still; the one today and the break that's just under my shoulder which refuses to join.

I've been referred for x-rays, possible surgery and physio on the damaged hip.

ayceejay

Guru
See, 'broken' is a 21st century social construct or as it is known down here at the Louis Freud centre of ThisnThat a 'prang'. When a 'plane went down due to a prop getting scratched this was known as a prang although not officially broken so if you work back from that i.e a crate goes down somewhere over Blighty because of a prang and there are enough pieces left to fix it it is not broken.

Top Bottom