What have you collected and brought home in your water bottle? Planned or spontaneously.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
Could it be used for stealing a (admittedly small) shark from an aquarium?

Edit: as you can probably tell I'm a divergent thinker :smile:

Alan O

Über Member
I love Alan's idea of collecting blackberries in a water bottle, as mentioned in the cleaning your bottle thread.

It makes me wonder what else it could be used for (after you've drunk it's contents.)
I'd stopped about a mile from home at some blackberry bushes, and as I ate a few I was thinking what a shame I didn't have a bag or anything to take some home in. Then the obvious idea struck me, and I was lucky I had my 1 litre bottle with me so I got lots!

Alan O

Über Member
[QUOTE 5337711, member: 9609"]I fill mine with blackberries too, and will be this year when they are ready - I would have thought that weeks away yet.

Are your blackberries super early ?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they're always early here along the sunny bank of the loop line part of NCN 62 - there's already a good crop of ripe fruit. Most years I pick enough to make 5 gallons of wine.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5337711, member: 9609"]I fill mine with blackberries too, and will be this year when they are ready - I would have thought that weeks away yet.

Are your blackberries super early ?[/QUOTE]
The ones in our garden have been getting ripe for about a fortnight now.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I once ran out of water and put 500ml of cherryade in my water bottle. That didn't end well...
Same as when i put beer in mine i suppose. It was an aluminium bottle with a screw on top,but once i'd gone over so many bumps that beer wasn't for staying in that bottle! The top blew off(i don't know how,but it did) sending the beer all over the lower bits of my bike. Why beer on a bike ride some would ask? Well, i just fancied a slurp as it was supposed to be a leisurely ride along the canal and a bit of sightseeing.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Slight drift, but I am amazed at the number of people every year picking blackberries at the roadside.

Why not just lick your own exhaust pipe?
In my winemaking days I did have a bookmarked webpage which talked about contamination from leaded petrol being detectable in roadside fruit. Can't find the page now.
Doesn't modern fuel have a higher benzene content? Ermmm...

Serge

Über Member
Same as when i put beer in mine i suppose. It was an aluminium bottle with a screw on top,but once i'd gone over so many bumps that beer wasn't for staying in that bottle! The top blew off(i don't know how,but it did) sending the beer all over the lower bits of my bike. Why beer on a bike ride some would ask? Well, i just fancied a slurp as it was supposed to be a leisurely ride along the canal and a bit of sightseeing.
I've always got beer in my water bottle, it can sometimes be a hell of a trek between pubs.

Top Bottom