What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EckyH

Changed the original foam grips of the Brompton to ergonomic Brooks Cambium as some kind of reward, because before that I installed the dynamo front light and the rear light.
Golly gosh...
Fortunately there is the documentation for the cable routing. With several pages. If you plan to install dynamo lighting on a Brompton, I highly recommend to read the documentation, read it again and then follow the instructions literally.

E.

Changed the original foam grips of the Brompton to ergonomic Brooks Cambium as some kind of reward, because before that I installed the dynamo front light and the rear light.
Golly gosh...
Fortunately there is the documentation for the cable routing. With several pages. If you plan to install dynamo lighting on a Brompton, I highly recommend to read the documentation, read it again and then follow the instructions literally.

E.

Having bought a Brompton with dynamo lights fitted I can well appreciate what you mean.

dicko

Guru
Fed up with working on the bike either propped up or on its stand and wobbling about, I decided to put to use some of the spare decking I had left over. I’m glad to say it took under an hour and it works just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpeg
    IMG_3661.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 28

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Made a start on a 200 hour service for the Rockshock fork on my mountain bike. The service entails a full strip down and as well as cleaning and re-greasing, you need to replace all the O rings and seals. I laid out the new seals on the right and slowly added the old ones to the pile on the left. The dust wiper seals on the lower leg were an absolute pain to remove and the new ones even more problematic to fit. Got there in the end though.

IMG_20231111_204117444.jpg

Gillstay

Über Member
Bought a Marin bike for my partner in the hope it may suit her better. It was cheap and has been sat around,

P1030607.JPG
but I thought it was not too bad.

Unfortunately the first clue was when I took the gear changer cover off and a spider big enough to go `donk when it hit the floor, fell out.

Top Bottom