What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

agree good job,i hate white tape...

image.jpg

Job's a good'un :thumbsup:

U

User33236

Swapped the stock wheels on my CAADX for a set of Kinesis Crosslight CX. Minor tweaking required to brakes and rear indexing but less than expected. Now to start the weekly chain cleaning regime on the rest of the fleet. :smile:

KneesUp

Guru
Having bought aload of components over the last few months (bars, stem, cantilevers, brake levers, bar ends, headset etc.) and built up a commuter-thing on a 700c hybrid frame, I am considering stripping it all off and building it on to my rigid MTB frame.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
After TWO rear punctures in one nine mile commute (with more than my fair share of flats over the preceding weeks) I have binned the onza preda tyre I bought purely because it was on sale when I was putting the bike together, and fitted the semi-worn Conti GP 4 seasons I had in the shed. Let's see if that improves things...

After TWO rear punctures in one nine mile commute (with more than my fair share of flats over the preceding weeks) I have binned the onza preda tyre I bought purely because it was on sale when I was putting the bike together, and fitted the semi-worn Conti GP 4 seasons I had in the shed. Let's see if that improves things...
It's that time of year, when the puncture fairy does her worst. No tyres (except solids) are puncture proof, even the best ones can still get a puncture.

I'm considering trying these out,

http://tannus.co.uk/products.html

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Following an excellent respray job by Dave Yates, Bertie is no longer Bertie. It's now a rather lovely sparkly cobalt blue. When I was checking the old headset for refitting, I noticed a crack in the crown race, so that will now be relegated to an old Bob Jackson frame for very occasional use. Bought an alloy Stronglight A9 for the Superbe frame, along with the proper tools for the job (Cyclus crown race setter and headset press - cheap from Rose bikes thanks to the favourable exchange rate) and finally plucked up courage to fit it this afternoon. Damn scary applying hammer blows to fit the crown race, and glad the headset cups went on relatively easily. Phew!

Top Bottom