What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Added my usual paraphernalia to my rejuvenated Birdy, sorted the hub gear indexing out and took it for a test ride.

Found that I've managed to shred the pedal thread in the LH crank with my last change of pedals. Bum!

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Gave the work bike a 'deep' clean. Cassette, chain off and cleaned with white spirit. Crank off and cleaned. Bottom bracket re-greased. Polished the frame, cleaned the wheels and spokes. Gave it a right going over

image.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today I started to fit the SKS mudguards to the Canyon but gave up. Maybe they should have packed the instructions in the enormous box they sent it in.
Phone call to the UK office is planned for tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You got a box? Mine were just mounted to a cardboard sheet with instructions in some language I don't understand. Nice deal at the LBS, though. The Schwinn is complete, except for when I go to the roundabout Thursday evening on my commute to get free front and rear lights from the transit system. That'll make it easier for the Express bus to see me when he cuts me off whilst going into the transit station.

Tin Pot

Guru
Faffed about with the brakes on my Trax TFS.1, tightened the tension on the rear but no bloomin idea why the front brake squeals like a pig.

Faffed about with the brakes on my Trax TFS.1, tightened the tension on the rear but no bloomin idea why the front brake squeals like a pig.
Toe in - plenty of advice on here - try a search. (assuming not disc brakes!)

PeteXXX

You got a box? Mine were just mounted to a cardboard sheet with instructions in some language I don't understand. Nice deal at the LBS, though. The Schwinn is complete, except for when I go to the roundabout Thursday evening on my commute to get free front and rear lights from the transit system. That'll make it easier for the Express bus to see me when he cuts me off whilst going into the transit station.
IMG_20150829_120306.jpg

That was the box they came in!

PeteXXX

That's a pretty Canyon, BTW, @PeteXXX .
Thank you. It's the Inflite 8.

I phoned Canyon UK this morning to be told there are downloadable instructions on their site. I told him I had looked and couldn't find any. He checked and could not find them either but sent me a link to an Evans vid I'd already seen. Oh, the joy of a 30 minute phone call to find out absolutely nothing useful...

Top Bottom