What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zanelad

Guru
Mudguards fitted to my Defy2 ready for the winter.

Snap. Roll on spring when they can come off again.

Terrible photo (I got given this phone free because of the camera)

Bars taped on the Sensor and ready for a test ride (sans-computer, that is still under the soldering iron) - all rest working
barstaped.jpg

GuyBoden

Guru
I got the holy grail of cycling earlier, a totally silent bike. :okay:

Sadly it only lasted for about three miles, it was nice while it lasted. :sad:
Me too, well done, I had a silent bike for most of the day, until some leaves got stuck in the front mudguard when I was only about 10 miles from home, I couldn't be bothered to stop and get them out.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I made a saddlebag uplift that bolts to the seatstay carrier eyes. Drilled a tiny hole in each pedal (for use with a needle-nosed grease-gun), added pedal washers.

Also fitted a new seat-post with a lot of lay-back to fit a Berthoud saddle with short rails.

Replaced all my stems with four-bolt ones after my little surprise a few weeks ago.

Rebuilt the other hub dynamo wheel (and built a new on for a friend).

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Following a recent soaking wet ride with @EasyPeez and @Supersuperleeds my 'fettle' today was the fitting of a front mudflap.

As you can see, it's a fearful bodge, made of a ready meal tray and, er, bodge tape.

Rigidity is about right - pending a road test - and the flap finishes about five inches off the ground.

My hope is it will last at least long enough to give me an idea if the size is about right.

Being rubbish at making stuff, I will then consider lashing out a tenner or so on a ready made flap.

_1 - 1.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Following a recent soaking wet ride with @EasyPeez and @Supersuperleeds my 'fettle' today was the fitting of a front mudflap.

As you can see, it's a fearful bodge, made of a ready meal tray and, er, bodge tape.

Rigidity is about right - pending a road test - and the flap finishes about five inches off the ground.

My hope is it will last at least long enough to give me an idea if the size is about right.

Being rubbish at making stuff, I will then consider lashing out a tenner or so on a ready made flap.

View attachment 374982

I'd be proud of that bodge

Top Bottom