What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Fitted new Charge saddle to Mrs73 prized Fx. :becool: All adds to the brownie pt's ;)
Still working on being allowed anywhere near the saddle height though :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2724.JPG
    IMG_2724.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 30

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Did a bodge job on my sram apex shifter today.
The little cam that alters the reach of the lever had fell apart so the lever was getting stuck behind the brake lever so i used a zip tie to fill the gap as it is mounted on the pivot bolt that the lever moves in and out on when the brake lever is applied.
Cut off the excess and seems to work a treat, not sure how long it will last but as its on the commuter / winter bike im willing to give it a go till i can find a replacement shifter.

This shows what it should look like ,,,
maxresdefault.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
Slime tubes to the wife's E,MTB less for me to worry about when she goes off with daughter and i go off with son in law in opposite directions

si_c

Guru
Fitted a pair of these and went for a test run to the shops.

Not bad all things considered, although it took me a couple of minutes to work out how to clip them on. :blush:

Definitely worth the tenner as it means I can use regular shoes on any of my bikes when out with Mrs C or running to the shops.

Attachments

• IMG_20180811_154747818.jpg
    IMG_20180811_154747818.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20180811_154743574.jpg
    IMG_20180811_154743574.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 40

JhnBssll

Veteran
Fitted a pair of these and went for a test run to the shops.

Not bad all things considered, although it took me a couple of minutes to work out how to clip them on. :blush:

Definitely worth the tenner as it means I can use regular shoes on any of my bikes when out with Mrs C or running to the shops.

Nifty! Are they easy to unclip again?

I've had a good fettle this morning - I've cleaned and re-lubed the Bianchi after another muddy and flooded ride yesterday. Fortunately no punctures this time but there are a couple of small cuts in the brand new rear tire. I'll keep an eye on them and see how they fare over the next few hundred miles.

I've also done a few miles on the Roubaix after it's rebuild making small adjustments to bar position and indexing as I went and using a local hill to bed the new brakes in :okay: It's all ready to go again now, I look forward to taking her out in the near future :becool:

I bought an old Raleigh Pioneer 140 on eBay for the wife, I've got to pick it up at some point and that will need some fettling as it has 2 flat tires and dodgy brakes according to the advert :laugh: I'll put some pics up when it arrives then give it a good going over :okay:

si_c

Guru
Nifty! Are they easy to unclip again?
Pretty easy if you don't have the release tension wound too high - which I usually do!

They are also drilled for both two and three bolt cleats so pretty flexible. Will be getting a second pair to keep at work.

Fettled the better halfs' Liv Avail as it's not been used for a bit and weather(and work) permitting should be out tomorrow for a pootle;ended up re setting up the front mech so took a bit longer than anticipated.

Also gave the Helium a quick wipe over and added go-faster C-Bear and Hope stickers:whistle:

Top Bottom