What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Finished cabling the Trek 950, time for bar tape, and some fenders and racks. Then on to putting some side pull brakes on the Corso, as center pulls provided just aren't very good at stopping the bicycle.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sort of fettling: I've a box of cycle computers, wireless bits and clips that has been accumulated from various sources. For a while I've left them knowing it's a job that needed doing.

Today was the day to deal with it; eight computers binned for no matching wireless bits or simply not working, seven matched with new batteries. ^_^

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Pumped the tyres up, mickled the chain.

Woah, you go easy there Dave.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Continued working on the Boardman AirPro black edition - brake and gear cables fitted through a very fiddly set of 3T Aeronova carbon bars. Front derailleur's playing up so I'll re-do the cable tomorrow.

Still to do:

- Fit Raceblade Long mudguards as it'll be a joint winter road bike with my 14yo
- Fit the chain
- Adjust the shifters to fit a bit better, which may mean a shorter stem as well
- Front derailleur cable to sort
- Decide on wheels and tyres
- Fit some pedals
- Find some bar tape. I forgot that bit so we're out unless it's red. And I used my 'nice' LizardSkins red tape on my son's BeOne training bike.
- I may need to swap the crankset from 172.5mm to 170mm for him as he's a little bit shorter than me but that'd mess up the '105-only' rule he set for the build.

Progress photo:

DSCF6124.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6125.JPG
    DSCF6125.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I wasn't entirely happy with the derailleur indexing on my recent Raleigh Pioneer pub bike rebuild. Lowest 3 gears were OK but 4th upwards was a bit clattery. After double checking the high and low limit screws I fiddled around fine tuning the gear cable tension until I could get all 6 gears in a reasonable degree of silence.
The other job was fit a pair of mudguards, or rather two mudguards - as they aren't really a pair! Rear is SKS chromoplastic that came with a donor Pioneer. I've shortened it by about 3 inches so it stops higher at the back, to make it possible to wheel the bike up on it's rear wheel without grounding the mudguard. The front was put together using the best stays & fittings from a damaged pair that came off a 99p eBay special. It doesn't match the SKS - but so long as it works I don't care! The build now incorporates donor parts from at least six different bikes :laugh:

Top Bottom