What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
None, plus I was wearing a white top while I did all that and I didn't get an oilstain on it.

Beyond spooky...

Domus

Guru
Almost time to bring out the summer bike. Had the Mavic tubeless wheels trued and re sealed by LBS last week, fitted a new KMC 11 speed chain and went around the block to check brakes and shifting. OMG what a noise. :wacko:
Back on the workstand and found the quick link only linked on one side, must have popped off, made good, back out and quiet as a church mouse.:dance:

Going for my March 50Km on Tuesday, wish me luck. Prostate surgery followed by bad cold/man flu has knocked me for six.

colly

Re member eR
Today I stripped down my old Mtb in preparation of a paint job:

20190324_132234.jpg

I have in mind British Racing Green. Or maybe something brighter such as Something like this

I do like white so.....

Edit:

Black has been suggested. :sad: But no, sorry @vickster
And silver... which is a definite maybe.

Last edited:

colly

Re member eR
Sexist comment but............is that girly ?? Mind you I wouldn't say no to Salmon Pink so I guess girly is ok.

JhnBssll

Veteran
More bling fitted to the Bianchi today :blush: I wanted to try a ceramic speed oversized pulley but didn't want to pay the ridiculous price tag. I found a similar oversized pulley system on AliExpress for around a sixth of the price and thought I would give it a whirl :okay: I'm quite pleased I did so far, the bearings seem excellent and the overall quality seems good. Time will tell how well they hold up but so far so good :okay: Since the new pulleys would need a longer chain I upgraded that too while I was at it :laugh:

20190325_130431.jpg

20190325_162115.jpg

20190325_162105.jpg

20190325_162517.jpg

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
BE7A4409-9490-429E-AD20-8B191B2BC2A4.jpeg
5BA361AE-DDA8-4579-AD00-7CDEF409D6C1.jpeg
95207F07-FA15-4C95-93A8-1331DF81BFA0.jpeg
C2CDD645-FD24-4B1B-8857-03DFAAA58A72.jpeg
4A09061A-4E00-4F67-AE55-0284F61DC22C.jpeg
40FBE8EF-4EE8-44D4-9437-26E0445AA59B.jpeg
Just about finished my eBay Genesis Day One. New mini v brakes fitted with new S/steel cables, bars now wrapped in retro looking perforated tape, new leather saddle and pedals too. Just a new chain to fit now and maybe some road tyres. I’m delighted with how it looks.
The paint looks fab, out in the sunshine it is actually metal flake, the first time I’ve seen this, I’ve tried to capture this in a photo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Brought my geared bike out of its winter hibernation this afternoon and fitted a new chain, I've lost track of how many chains I've had on the cassette so I may need a new cassette, fitted a smaller outer chain ring and fettled the front changer, checked the bike over and was disapointed to find a nasty looking cut on the front tyre, normally I put the front on the back to replace the knackered rear tyre, and fit a new tyre to the front, this time I'm going to have to replace both. I put some air in the back tyre and was pumping up the front one and the rear went pop and went down, turns out there's a split in the tube by the valve, something thats happened before when the tubes been in for a couple of years without being disturbed, so new tube fitted and I'm now just waiting for new tyres and the replacement left STI lever to finish the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would have a bit of a play trying to cast some metal hub carriers for my model.
I had a rummage around in my odds and end tins and found a small cam lock device for securing flat pack furniture. I wasn't sure if it was the right material but thought I would try it anyway. A bit of heat applied from a blowlamp whilst I held it in my pliers had it melting. It was a bit crusty but when I pushed it into the mould it seemed fine. The second one I used some low temperature ally welding rod. It acted in a similar way so had the same treatment.
The 2 blobs can be seen in the picture. I will have to file them down to the correct shape . Hopefully they should work out fine .
IMGP9979.JPG

Top Bottom