What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Renewed front and rear mech cables Now Rutland cycles have finally decided to deliver my bar tape re taped the bars
Seven days to deliver the tape Had to ask for notification of delivery and then tracking number Company very good at loading my inbox with flash sales Will not bother ordering on line from them again

Mike_P

Guru
New tyre and new Joe's No Flats inner tube on the rear wheel of my ebiked hybrid, good job I had the inner tube as the not so old one on the wheel had plainly worked as it was welded to the old tyre:excl:

Heigue'r

Veteran
Fitted handlebars,brake calipers,shifters,derailleurs,brake cables,inners and outers,drilled handlebars to take bar end junction for di2,ran all di2 cables,fitted bottom bracket and crankset.Hoping to adjust front derailleur height shortly,fit the chain, wrap the bars and fit pedals,waiting on 2 bottle cages which should arrive tomorrow and that should be it for the new build.I had to steal a front brake caliper recessed nut off another bike for the time being as the one supplied was too short.

It must be true what they say about certain rim/tyre combos. I put some tubeless continental 5000 on some prime wheel and they went on incredibly easy. The wheels were set up with tubeless rim tape so all I had to do was insert the valves. Which subsequently accepted the syringed sealant with no mess (other valves clog up and spill sealant). Its the easiest and cleanest I've ever been with a rim and a tyre and an hour later they are still holding air fine. I'll leave it a bit and if they are still ok I'll put a cassette on them and use them :okay:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
@DCBassman are those marks indents from something or bits of tape?

If dents, I'd be seriously worried about using the bar. If that snaps...
:eek:

Heigue'r

Veteran
Bartape on this morning and done.

It must be true what they say about certain rim/tyre combos. I put some tubeless continental 5000 on some prime wheel and they went on incredibly easy. The wheels were set up with tubeless rim tape so all I had to do was insert the valves. Which subsequently accepted the syringed sealant with no mess (other valves clog up and spill sealant). Its the easiest and cleanest I've ever been with a rim and a tyre and an hour later they are still holding air fine. I'll leave it a bit and if they are still ok I'll put a cassette on them and use them :okay:
Used them today and went through some pretty deep stuff (floods) and they were fine 👍

Last edited:
After establishing that my intermittent rattle was from the front mudguard I had the front wheel off and mudguard. Washed the said mudguard of all the crud and cleaned forks. Now for the rattle. I put a piece of handlebar tape between the fork and the mudguard, refitted and tightened stays. As they say " the proof will be in the pudding", will leave for testing tomorrow as i don`t fancy going into the wind today.
No fettling today but pleased to report that the annoying rattle has gone, only rattling now is my breathing in the cold air.

Am unable to resist the siren call of the Scott roadie, despite the shoulder problems. So, what can I do to reduce the problem?
Raise the bars a bit, for a start.
Just recently, I returned this bike to stock, bar the flat bars. So I decided to return the gearing to 11-34t, and keep the Sora drive train by use of a hanger extender. I also stole the Zoom stem from the Trek and returned that to quill stem. Pics:
Sora
View attachment 490104

Zoom
View attachment 490106

Trek
View attachment 490107

I'll ride the Scott for a bit, and if I can cope, then I'll transfer the 9-speed setup from the Trek, if possible still using the Sora kit.
And the Scott is working well! Me likey.

crossfire

No bike fettling today, had to clear a slow draining sink in the bathroom,after trying some HG drain unbocker, which didn`t do much, tried rodding with curtain wire and only succeeded in making it a total blockage. So had to loosen sink so I could take out pedestal and undo trap, downstairs to kitchen sink, backflush and out popped lots of long hair, and half a toothbrush. Problem solved, reassemble and check it works, then tea, and relax. Bike waiting for tomorrow, new shifters for front FD and a test run.
john

Top Bottom