What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Well of the list of things to do I had forgot the front mudguard on the ebike hybrid had a broken fork leg fixing. So a new fixing made out of a length of a thick metal heavy duty flat strap originally sourced from B&Q, a fair section of it already being on the ebike as a double thick motor mount across the chain stays replacing the original that too easily bent. Coat of Matt black enamel and who can tell the difference...

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Mucking about with the fit of my tourer. (Surly DT) It needed a longer stem and to move the saddle very slightly forward. That was it. It’s a very comfy sofa-tank. And the front hub bearing needed tightening an ickle bit.

Put it on the turbo to hone this all in and get an hour’s work done. I might even take it on a 200km audax this coming weekend.

Workshop lights were on todays to do list , 2 sets ( total 4 ) of 72led 12v caravan style strip lamps fed by a 12v car battery that is being recharged by a 100w solar panel .
Job done , sorted
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Attachments

• WP_20191117_15_45_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191117_15_45_45_Pro.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
Started re-build of the better-half's brothers Orange he picked up from his local tip;

Cleaned up headset and fitted come Rock Shox forks,single chainring and bash guard.Also SRAM 9-speed shifter and mech.
Need cables needed plus pedals and grips.Also need a seat-post but do have a saddle .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It was in that London,,,,,

It's actually in good nick, just a bit scruffy:bb and headset are all good and any bolts I've had to remove have been fine.

Good find though.... crikey....

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Rumbling sound? What rumbling sound? 9000+ kilometres excluding turbo work. Word of the day: Brunelling. Anyway new fitting and a jam jar of grease later and we can pretend nothing ever happened. Ok?
Zoinks. I noticed my front wheel was a bit grumbly on Friday night. As I was riding on Sat I just squirted a bit of new grease into it without looking too hard and re-adjusted it so it neither grumbled nor wobbled when clamped in the fork. I really should disassemble it properly and have a proper look

(Is Brunnelling a word? Is it like rumbling brinnelling?)

Top Bottom