What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought I would like a polished handlebar stem on my bike . I started off by lightly filing some of the scratches out with a needle file and then

View attachment 500625

over the rest of the stem before polishing it up with Megiuars metal polish.

I love polished alloy stems and crank arms. I've even been known to polish wheel rims and hubs.

I love polished alloy stems and crank arms. I've even been known to polish wheel rims and hubs.
I like riding along in the sunshine with all the polished bits reflecting the blue sky .
I might overdose on the chrome frame !

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been stripping tubular wheels down and so far 4 campagnolo record hubs

Swapped the saddle from my touring bike to my commuter, and fitted my new Brooks Flyer to the tourer, with all due ceremony of course.

Took the pedals on the commuter to bits, repacked the bearings and tightened them: they're really scrap but hopefully I can get a couple more months out of them (Ie: long enough to get a job so I can pay for new pedals)

Hopefully the replacement toe clips will arrive today and I can fit those too.

Update: Replacement toe clips have failed to arrive. Yah Boo.

roley poley

Über Member
new bike back from its 6 week breaking in free service so I can now get the hacksaw out!!! Lost a good (bad) length of saddle stem more weight than use. Stopped the toe tap on front mud guard by remounting the eyelet on the rear of fork crown to the front and clipped its stays down with good wire cutting pliers. Some nice clinks heard from the scrap box as I gained enlightenment OMMMM

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My portable pressure washer project parts are on 'order'. Consists of a 25l water container (went for red), with an ebay special 12v pump and hoses - total cost £25. I've a few MTB rides coming up where we are not riding from home, so a filthy bike going into the back of the car (can't be bothered with the rack in winter) isn't wanted. I believe pressure is just above tap pressure, which is enough for getting the worse off before a full clean at home.

New SRAM jockey wheels are awaiting fitting to the FS - one of the Jockey's has no seals left - mud and crud got in between the cover plate and the bearing seal, and it's 'melted' the seal. Still works fine, but being 'Mr Picky', I'm replacing them.

Gunk

Guru
All seems to be slow this week, I’m waiting some stuff for my Raleigh that hasn’t arrived yet, very frustrating

Seat post has arrived 👍 just waiting for the seat

Top Bottom