What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just leaving will look for some deep puddles. A Ford would be great.
IMG_20200116_135007_6.jpg

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Fitted my notsoslow Voyager tyres today. Rearranged the contents of my panniers to balance the weight better.
All set to leave in the morning for an overnight camp :biggrin:

Heigue'r

Veteran
Swapped cassette to new wheels,pulled tubes out of old wheels,left the tyres on because they were cut to ribbons,rear less than 300 miles,the joys of commuting on londons CS3.I suffered 3 punctures on the rear on one day last week.Fitted schwalbe durano plus to the new wheels to see if they help with puncture protection.Dropped old wheels and tyres to the skip,wheels less than 4000 miles,front was slightly warped and had a ding in the rim from a crash last year and not alot of rim left,rear had even less rim left despite conciously braking with the front having suffered a blowout on a previous rear.rear also sounded like a box of rusty bolts,bearings on the way out I suspect.That was the commuter fettled

Got the good bike down of the wall,Its been hanging there since november,had a small bit of dust starting to gather so cleaned that off,have pumped the tyres up to pressure,just got the tool bottle ready and about to go out for an hour on it given the roads are bone dry.

roley poley

Über Member
moved the rear wheel closer to frame as the chain tension on nexus 8 was like a bow string a bit of slack there now Feel that was going to cause extra wear for sure adjusted disc and pad alignment accordingly.That was after its 6 week check ,wondering how many new chains they sell over time .Anyway next job is to strip shop chain lube and replace with white lightening clean ride dry lube that can wait till sunday

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Swapped cassette to new wheels,pulled tubes out of old wheels,left the tyres on because they were cut to ribbons,rear less than 300 miles,the joys of commuting on londons CS3.I suffered 3 punctures on the rear on one day last week.Fitted schwalbe durano plus to the new wheels to see if they help with puncture protection.Dropped old wheels and tyres to the skip,wheels less than 4000 miles,front was slightly warped and had a ding in the rim from a crash last year and not alot of rim left,rear had even less rim left despite conciously braking with the front having suffered a blowout on a previous rear.rear also sounded like a box of rusty bolts,bearings on the way out I suspect.That was the commuter fettled

Got the good bike down of the wall,Its been hanging there since november,had a small bit of dust starting to gather so cleaned that off,have pumped the tyres up to pressure,just got the tool bottle ready and about to go out for an hour on it given the roads are bone dry.

Durano Plus were the only tyre that survived the Fallowfield Loop on my commute. The glass shredded every other tyre.

velohomme

Put the Mercier back together ready for spring. NOS 28 tooth block. NOS chain. NOS Mavic tubular rims laced to original Dura ace hubs with new tyres. New cables. All NOS same mid seventies as the bike.

Can't wait for the better weather.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another week of commuting, another afternoon of cleaning the muck off, then cleaning and lubing the chain and replacing the rear brake pads on the Ventus commuter. Then changed the brake pads all round on the Spa as they were almost down to the metal, followed by fitting one of the £3 quick fit mudguards to the Voodoo 29er.

Tom B

Guru
Had a peculiar rattle that ive not been able to track down for a few weeks. Yesterday on the way to work i heard a twang and the rear SKS mudguard popped off the bracket. Got to work and had a look and noticed that the plastic had separated from the bracket as the rivits had given up.

Handily I had my pop rivit gun and a bag of rivits on me (I take mine everywhere, don't you?) as I was going to add a few robe hooks to the inside and outside of my locker. So ten mins later the mudguard was back to full working order.

It was probably further delayed trauma from when I hit a barrier with the bike on the car roof a few months back.

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Fixed commuter: super fast wash (it was cold), wiped rims, quick going over with the oily rag, lubed chain, quick check of rear tyre for embedded stuff. Back inside 10 minutes later.

You know that bit of the chainring that's behind the crank? I can never be arsed to clean that. Chainring is silver all round but with about 2 cm of black oily crap behind the crank.

Checked the tyres and oil level on my old Honda Fireblade which I haven’t used for a couple of months and then popped out for about a 50 mile round trip to run a couple errands.

View attachment 499016

Spent the rest of the day rebuilding my Team Banana project bike which was very pleasant and rewarding, just a shame it’s coming to an end, I’ll have to start looking for another.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/raleigh-team-banana-project.256168/

That is luuurverly :becool::becool::becool:

Top Bottom