What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Did some unfettling.
Earlier in the year we put up stud walls to make three rooms out of our home office. Never properly finished, but used for a few months.
I've now removed one of the rooms, thusly.

Here's the start point.
I'm standing in one room, there's a doorway on the left, down a little corridor, and the doorway and the room on the right is going.
Start point.jpg

Plasterboard Expelliarmus!
Plasterboard gone.jpg

Insulation (mostly) gone. The far wall behind the table is staying, the one on the left is next to go.
Insulation  mostly gone.jpg

Bang! and the wall is gone.
I have lots of left-over plasterboard. And 2-by-4s.
Second wall gone.jpg

Taping the joints. The polystyrene on the floor is to catch splashes of filler.
Joint taping.jpg

First coat of paint.
First coat of paint.jpg

Door hung and architrave in place.
Door hung and architrave.jpg

Door hung a bit better and skirting done.
Skirting done.jpg

Just need to go round and caulk the last few bits, then get rid of a load of plasterboard.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Did some unfettling.
Earlier in the year we put up stud walls to make three rooms out of our home office. Never properly finished, but used for a few months.
I've now removed one of the rooms, thusly.

Here's the start point.
I'm standing in one room, there's a doorway on the left, down a little corridor, and the doorway and the room on the right is going.
View attachment 555122

Plasterboard Expelliarmus!
View attachment 555123

Insulation (mostly) gone. The far wall behind the table is staying, the one on the left is next to go.
View attachment 555124

Bang! and the wall is gone.
I have lots of left-over plasterboard. And 2-by-4s.
View attachment 555126

Taping the joints. The polystyrene on the floor is to catch splashes of filler.
View attachment 555128

First coat of paint.
View attachment 555129

Door hung and architrave in place.
View attachment 555130

Door hung and skirting done.
View attachment 555131

Just need to go round and caulk the last few bits, then get rid of a load of plasterboard.
must be one big house and office to be able to split it into 3......can i ask why your removing one? are you back at work? or another reason?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
must be one big house and office to be able to split it into 3......can i ask why your removing one? are you back at work? or another reason?
The office is a brick-build outbuilding, about 5m by 9m.
We needed an extra room divided off for a few months, but don't any more.
The bit you can't see (because it's behind me in the photos) is becoming my bike workshop, complete with coffee maker and beer fridge.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The office is a brick-build outbuilding, about 5m by 9m.
We needed an extra room divided off for a few months, but don't any more.
The bit you can't see (because it's behind me in the photos) is becoming my bike workshop, complete with coffee maker and beer fridge.
Nice.....nothing better than your own bike shop. I got a coffee machine in my home office......saves a lot of walking up and down the stairs

This pair of Wellgo LU987U pedals.

A bit rough. My first attempt at servicing pedals, and after finishing the first ine, a ball left over!
Did the second, made sure of no inadvertent 'spares', then re-opened the first and dropped the truant into place.
To be re-fitted to the Scott, and now I know what to do, will take the pair currently on the Scott, service them, and fit them to the Trek, which is sans pedals atm.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
This pair of Wellgo LU987U pedals.
View attachment 555209
A bit rough. My first attempt at servicing pedals, and after finishing the first ine, a ball left over!
Did the second, made sure of no inadvertent 'spares', then re-opened the first and dropped the truant into place.
To be re-fitted to the Scott, and now I know what to do, will take the pair currently on the Scott, service them, and fit them to the Trek, which is sans pedals atm.

I've found inconsistencies in ball count on cheap pedals. I think quite a few get dropped in the factory. I doubt many ever get serviced. I've done quite a few VP and Wellgo sets on my commuter bikes. The cones sometimes need 'nipping up' after a few rides after the bearings have been re-greased. You can do this with the pedals on the bike.

Gunk

Guru
Added a homemade decal just for a bit of fun.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Time to replace all cables inners & outers on my winter bike & new bar tape too. The outers were all cracking and there was hesitation in my gear shifting. My German made Enik Pordoi has always had the brakes the wrong way round (right brake lever operated the back brake) although it never bothered me it was now time to go the British way.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Fitted the Schwalbe G-One Speeds onto my Verenti Technique that I’d swapped for Vittoria Terrano Dry tyres on the Marin gravel bike, 700x30 so should be a nice comfy ride on that one, really pleased that they fit, and it seems I’ll still be able to fit the SKS Raceblade XL’s too :okay: when needed

Top Bottom