What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(A couple of days ago) I replaced the pedals on my singlespeed bike, having FINALLY tracked an annoying ticking sound to a dodgy LH pedal.

The bike also got new rear wheel and freehub bearings, a new chain, a new bottom bracket and miscellaneous bits cleaned, lubed and/or adjusted. It now feels really good to ride and is beautifully quiet when doing so.

Gunk

Guru
Fitted tyres, tubes and cassette to a wheelset ready for my latest build.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just fettled my electric oven!

The door has been coming loose over the past month or so, and today it just flopped down on one hinge. I thought that something had probably snapped but when I unscrewed the shell of the oven and pulled it out from the surrounding woodwork I saw that a bolt had come out of the side of the hinge. I spotted the bolt lying inside the wooden enclosure and managed to extricate it. It only took a couple of minutes to bolt it all back together again.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
De-airlocked the shower pump and it's now working properly.
It's barely been used since March, and had sprung a bit of a leak.
All joints harrassed with PTFE tape, mounted on a new piece of closed-cell foam (from an old camping mat) and it's now providing hot-and-cold squirty goodness.
I've also got a new wireless keyboard and mouse.
It came with a silicon overlay for the keyboard, which replicates the dead flesh feel of a Spectrum.
One gets nostalgic!

carpenter

Über Member
Old set of Gatorskins were beginning to look a bit frayed around the edges (couple of long strands of fibre were coming loose from the sidewalls), so after a bit of research I settled on replacing them with Vittoria Open Pave CG III tyres.

I broke two tyre levers getting the Gatorskins off - are they usually a bugger or could it be their age ?
Then when I opened the Vitoria box, I got worried; had I bought the wrong type of tyre/was there a manufacturing fault? I have never seen a totally flat profile try before:

After all the faff trying to get the Gatorskins off, I thought that I may as well give it a go.
Actually quite easy to put on the wheel, looking good and looking forward to finishing the build so that I see how they feel:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The NeilPryde Nazare got a crank spacer to try and sort out front derailleur catching / shifting issues. Not sure if it's worked fully but it's sorted the front mech catching.

Also put new bearings and a new freewheel onto a Mavic MA2 wheel that's used on my Raleigh Pioneer. All works well now.

At some point in the next week my son's Argon TT bike's getting an upgrade. That'll be a job and a half ...

Been getting power meter drop outs/ spikes all week. I suspected at first something was interfering with the Ant+. But I've been gradually ruling out possibilities. On my other bike outside today, it finally came to me, it must be the pedal power meter.

I clipped the shoe in and whilst the cleat was about 5mm clear of the power pod. If I rotated the shoe to the full extent of the cleat float however, the cleat would just touch the power pod. I must have been doing this occasionally, hence the drop outs/spikes. My bike fit the other week had moved the cleats back by a few mm. That must have been enough to cause it.

I filed down the left out side of the left cleat so it never touched and on tonight's 30min turbore session power never once dropped out or spikes 👍

Top Bottom