What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
All ready for a longer ride tomorrow as part of my preparation for my first calendar audax event in three weeks :hyper: My rides have been much too few and far between, as well as too short, as of late to the point I’m worried I’ll DNF on the day :sad:

Which one? Tarporley or Tockwith? I looked at the Tockwith one but son no. 2 is likely to be racing the Junior CiCLE Classic that day so I'll be down there if he is.

philtalksbx

Über Member
Finished fitting a pair of 105 shifters to begin the Tiagra upgrade process on the Orbea. I’ve been so into other projects I had neglected this one and the first ride told me how I should have paid it more attention. Awesomely quick and smooth. First ride on that bike in about a year, more to come soon I’m sure.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Cleaned my Fuji, adjusted disc brakes for better stopping power (thought it might be important ;) ) cleaned disc rotors, mickled and oiled chain, swapped Wahoo mounts (from one that clamps to handlebar to one that attaches by stem bolts), added handlebar bag and mounted the folding lock holder that I had for Christmas and haven’t had the opportunity to use yet.

All ready for a longer ride tomorrow as part of my preparation for my first calendar audax event in three weeks :hyper: My rides have been much too few and far between, as well as too short, as of late to the point I’m worried I’ll DNF on the day :sad:

Don‘t worry about DNF. Just tell yourself you’ll try and finish even if out of time.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Spent yesterday building this up.
New Ribble.jpg

It's a Ribble Winter frame, which I bought a few years ago but I never got it into a build I was happy with. Until now...
Gearing - 8 speed 13-32 custom fettled cassette. It's a 13-26 cassette, with the 14T removed and a 32T fitted as the lowest gear. Bit of a kludge but it works. 34T chainring, for gear inches of 69, 60, 53, 47, 43, 39, 35, 28.
Bits and bobs off my old Ribble and from the Heap of Possible Usefulness. Sora chainset and brakes, Tiagra flat bar brake levers and 8 speed rapid-fire shifter, Acera rear mech. RS30 wheels, 25mm tyres, riser bars and bar ends. And a Brompton saddle.
Took it out for a test ride this morning. 20 miles done and breakfast got.
MBIFO Greggs.
MBIFOGreggs.jpg

Does hiding two potentially nice bike frames before they get cut up for scrap at work count?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've put this in the Mundane News thread as well, but this lunch-time I collected a Dawes Galaxy from a lovely lady. It'll be a summer project to get it all back working again:

Dawes.jpg

Cables and other bits were stuck after being sat for a few years. A quick clean and most have been unstuck. Parts needed:

- All cables, inner and outer
- New chain
- New rear tyre
- New brake pads
- Probably a new cassette
- Possibly a new bottom bracket
- Wheels to be looked at, probably new grease/bearings in the rear, definitely in the front
- The saddle front's scuffed so I'll change that
- Bars are high, so the stem might be swapped as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom