What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
What looks like part of the frame in the background of your pic appears to be in need of a bit of a polish and wax? :eek:

:biggrin:
Bl**dy cheek I had just spent two hours polishing that :smile: but seriously it's a 7 shape seat post that's original to the bike which is now 55 years old and been stored badly for the last 25 years ". but one thing at a time, the main thing is it's rideable. I think I will get it blasted and powder coated in black eventually. View attachment 17536 View attachment 17538

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
ok that didn't seem to work, try the pics again

Attachments

• DSCI0002.JPG
    DSCI0002.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: PBB

andsaw

Rear brake block screw that holds the block in had seized and rounded off with the allen key so i got hacksaw and sawn a groove in the head and managed to use a screwdriver and some wd 40 to get it undone, drilling it out was averted.

Peter88

Veteran
Replaced the worn outer chain ring on the commuter and took the opportunity to go from a 44 tooth to a 48 tooth, cleaned all the rings, repositioned the front derialeur and re indexed front and rear gears.

compo

Veteran
Fitted the Cateye wireless computer recently obtained from Enigma2008. The handlebar mount was for normal diameter bars and I have 31.8mm bars so instead of using the screw a cable tie through the hole secures the mount just fine. Nothing like a quality bodge engineered solution. I will fit a proper screw when I can find a longer one. I also had to buy a proper mount for the sender as I didn't fancy trusting it to a cable tie on the fork, worth a couple of quid for peace of mind. Anyway, it's all working fine.

HovR

Über Member
The Deore shifters on my mountain bike were getting a bit sluggish and even freezing up in the cold. Took the covers off them and blasted in some GT85 to wash out all the old gunked up grease and they work perfectly now. There's much more of a positive click when shifting too.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
New front brake inserts on the winter Ribble. Old ones had worn unevenly so adjusted caliper. Also adjusted cable to bring blocks closer to the rim.

inkd

Fitted new Tortec tour rear rack and minor adjustments to saddle and bar angle. I still want to try all saddle positions before i reach for the back pocket.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Fitted new rear brake cable (inners & outers) to MTB. Failed to un-seize front mech, so I've left it overnight drenched in GT85.

Top Bottom