What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
New rear brake blocks on the knockabout bike as the braking was somewhat lethargic on yesterday's ride.

potsy

Rambler
Road bike cleaned and checked after a week of commuting grime was stuck to it, CX bike next after a :cuppa:
Then a quick round the block test of the new brake caliper before it gets dark, then the longer job of swapping over all the lights back to it :rolleyes:

just a clean.. seems to be all I have managed today, keep getting side tracked, but have ordered bits to remove BB to regrease that as well. Also have reached the conclusion that cleaning bikes is about as productive as cleaning clothes is. They get dirty almost immediately and the whole thing seems pointless - tomorrow I will get it very dirty again (unless it has snowed overnight in which case I will get the mtb dirty instead!)

IMG_5106.JPG

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
just a clean.. seems to be all I have managed today, keep getting side tracked, but have ordered bits to remove BB to regrease that as well. Also have reached the conclusion that cleaning bikes is about as productive as cleaning clothes is. They get dirty almost immediately and the whole thing seems pointless - tomorrow I will get it very dirty again (unless it has snowed overnight in which case I will get the mtb dirty instead!)

View attachment 17512

I thought that reflected light on the 'n' of btwin was a deliberate modification by yourself, I was trying to figure out what it said!

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Both of my Redlite rears needed new batteries, took them off and opened them up, to find on one, the connecter inside had broken and came out with the batteries. Ahh well I thought, its given me good service, it must be 5 years old. So I popped around to my local Halfords, not a shop I go to much, but I know they sell these, and my LBS dos'nt.
WELL
KNOCK ME DOWN WITH A BUTTON BATTERY. They wanted £19 just for a single rear Redlite.
Is that legal to charge that much ? Wot the F*&k
I returned home and within 10 mins on the net had secured a new set, front and rear of the same Redlite lights for £9 delivered. In the immortal words of the tv character Victor Meldrew
I DONT BELIEVE IT I just dont comprehend how such a vast difference can be justified. If anything, I would have thought that a big concern like Halfords should have been able to offer them cheaper as they can buy them in in bulk quantities and so have haggled for a better price than the LBS that I got them from via the internet. My ghast is flabbered.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Adjusted saddle angle, removed pie plate (that was a biatch) and one spoke reflector, couldn't get the second one off :sad:

chewy

Re-adjusted disc brakes, and fettled (ever so slightly) gear cables after a slight stretch in the new ones seems to have occurred!

Drago

Legendary Member
New seat, carbon post and rear flinger going on the Trance today, then I'm fiddling wit the shed to accommodate 3 bikes on the floor, 2 hanging up, though that still leaves 2 stashed round me Mums.

Top Bottom