What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just a minor tinkle with the 2 mountain bikes today. New seat post fitted with old saddle on my bike after needing an extra 1.5cm past the max height of the existing post, and taken it over to a zero offset/inline post as well. was surprised at the weight of the old post which equalled the weight of the new post and old saddle together, but despite the weight of the old post, it has more room to position the seat so it has been fitted to my OH's mtb...

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Had a good tidy up in the bike shed today, replacing tools, tidying away spares, sorting whats going and whats being kept. Amazed at how much rubbish I had collected. Looked outside to asses wether I fancied braving the fog, and returned to armchair. Needed several cuppa's to recover ;)

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just put new jockey wheels on my rear mech after the bearing had collapsed on one of the old ones. Now contemplating going for a late night test ride.

HovR

Über Member
Took the computer off my main bike yesterday, and took the bike out on a club ride today. It was nice not to be bound by the computer for a change and gave me one less distraction when descending. Don't think I'm going to miss it! (That said, I do track my rides via gps in my back pocket, so I know what milage etc I've done).

Hicky

Guru
Hmmmm, after a spin on the canal up to Smallbridge on the wife's(was my) Sirius, it needs the brakes stripping and adjusting.
The eldests cube needs the chain lubing, the youngests mx14 needs the brakes centering and I think the chain maybe slack there's some funny sounds from the chain guard/shroud.....all need cleaning!

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Not so much as fettled as ''repurposed`" I found in my spares box some old but unused 7 speed sproclets and now they have a new lease of life..
windchime_zps47ae9139.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I swapped mudguard stays around & realigned them. Gave my wheels a wipe on the rims to assist braking. Fitted a new KMC chain last week after 1500 miles or so on the original shimano one. Gave the derailleurs a good clean out when I did that job.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Trued a wheel on the borrowed hybrid.

I say 'trued', it's not dead straight, but it's not telling as many lies as it was.

The wheel was fouling a brake pad quite badly, it's now just feathering it on the way past.

My technical source was a three-minute vid on YouTube.

Good result for me as my knowledge of bike mechanics is limited.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Fitted a saddle bag loop to my Brooks B33 to replace the one missing when purchased (2nd or 3rd hand)

this was achieved with an old Brooks B62, a whitworths 1/4 spanner and a small pile of rust. Just got to find an old saddle bag to suit now

subaqua

What’s the point
Trued a wheel on the borrowed hybrid.

I say 'trued', it's not dead straight, but it's not telling as many lies as it was.

The wheel was fouling a brake pad quite badly, it's now just feathering it on the way past.

My technical source was a three-minute vid on YouTube.

Good result for me as my knowledge of bike mechanics is limited.
linky to the vid for those of us who were told wheel truing was a dark art only to be carried out by the druids of ellbee-ess

Top Bottom