What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Decided to try and fit my upgrade brake to the CX today, all went well until I had a good look at the inner brake cable near the lever (crosstop) and noticed it was quite badly frayed.
Will now have to wait until I can get a replacement on Wednesday and do the job properly, will take the oppurtunity to remove the crosstop entirely I think, giving more room on the bars for lights :whistle:

Also the BB7's come with an in-line adjuster that the BB5's don't have, this can now be fitted too.

D

Deleted member 1258

New Koolstops fitted to the front of the fixed today, attempt made to open the rear carrier light so I can change the batterys, at the moment its on the side with the screw soaking in oil, will try again tomorrow, it appears to have seized in, unfortunately its mostly flimsy plastic round the screw so I can't lean on it too hard, when its on the bike the screw isn't easy to get to and the heads a little chewed, not helped by the screw being made of best cheese.
I've also been trying to persuade my phone and computer to talk to each other without much success, I can send files to the computer from the phone, but not from the computer to the phone, sometimes it works but I can't use the file, I also can't browse the phone, something to do with permissions, thats a work in progress, I'll have another go and perhaps ask a few questions on the Lubuntu forums to see if I can solve it.

subaqua

What’s the point
new lights on sproggo 1s bike. now she can be seen much better.new bell on sproggo 2 bike - he is happy riding along sing queens bicycle race at the top of his voice

billy1561

BB wrecker
Put identical saddle on the mtb as i have on the road bike for arse shaping purposes. Only use the mtb for commuting anyway.
Fixed a slow puncture on my daughters bike. Fully cleaned the road bike. Lubed all 3 bike chains.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Today i put a rack on my touring bike and was really chuffed all the eye holes etc fitted spot on , ive just remembered it came off that bike in the first place.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
deep clean on the Felt today. BB out, dérailleur stripdown, tyres off (went through flooding yesterday) and rotated front to back. Re grease and lubed. Tomorrow, the CAADX which is shockingly overdue.

HovR

Über Member
Did a bit more work on my project bike today, a vintage Raleigh touring bike. Cleaned up the chainset (which was completely covered in oily dirt) and refitted, along with left hand crank.

Then took the brake levers & shifters off the bars, the bars off the stem, and the stem off the bike and gave them all a good going over with some wire wool to give the aluminium its shine back. Refitted everything (sans shifters, which will be replaced for DT shifters) with plenty of grease on the quill stem.

Also refitted the seatpost and saddle.

Hoping to get the derailleurs cleaned up and fitted tomorrow, although the Peugeot also needs a clean so that may take precedence.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm currently using a borrowed mongrel hybrid.

Realigning the mudguard and tightening the bracket stopped a rub.

A general nipping up of the fixings was reassuring - several needed it.

The disc brake on the front squeaks, but that's OK because they are supposed to, aren't they?

sddg7tfl

Decided my Avocet "coyote everglades" hybrid-converted-to-drop-bar bike needed a decent wash
after completing (successfully) that 500km strava thing over christmas.

I don't know what they put on the roads of norfolk ... lets just say the frame was as oily as the chain!!

Copious amounts of citrus based degreaser were used on the whole rig, and eventually 12 tonnes of finest
norfolk soil settled on my lawn.

Think i'll do a 30miler after work tommorow now the handlebar lights have clean lenses!

Top Bottom