What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Having had the the skylight on the campervan resealed a few weeks ago. The water proof tape i'd put on the surround to slow down any water coming in. Long enough to get something to catch the rain when on site. Had left a right old sticky mess once removed. So just spent a good few minutes with a cloth and WD. A combo of WD and the small bit of fiction from the cloth soon had it looking clean as a new pin. All in all one of them repetitive little sort of jobs that ends with satisfying result.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just regreased the BBB jockey wheels on the commuter. The lower was rather dry. Marine grease used

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
GPS mounted in head up display mode. This means I can still have a perfect view of road ahead whilst being able to see the gps screen.

7390390B-BEB5-4F86-BC80-8ECF4F5BEE1A.jpeg

Bike #1:

2023_03_03_Bike_01.jpg

A 6 gear b'Twin MTB, now out for sale.

Next on the stand:

2023_03_03_Bike_02.jpg

Prophete is a cheap to mid range German company. Someone apparently stored this on in a bush judging by the leaves and dead bugs adorning the frame. Unfortunately they also seem to have splattered white emulsion all over it. Still, the lights work so I can clean it and deal with the other issues...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
replaced the pull cord power switch on the shower as it kept cutting out and you had to pull it again to get it to work.A right PITA getting the cables tight as the new one had the screws inset so you could really see them properly when working at ceiling height trying to get the cables in whilst not dropping the tools, needed mrs ck craft magnifying glasses as my reading glasses couldnt cut it as my close vision eyesight is getting worse .
Moved the kids old small play house off the base and gave it away for collection if the collector dismantled as the kids never use it as they are too big then moved a small plastic shed i had for extra strorage into its place .

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Today is a mixture of clear Helicopter tape, Carbon protection tape, swear-words, elation and sharp objects that a man of my disposition probably shouldn’t be allowed near on his own…..

Attachments

• 5C1501AD-56A6-4EFA-BB40-2FB6901D22CA.jpeg
    5C1501AD-56A6-4EFA-BB40-2FB6901D22CA.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Slightly different tools but possibly the same words coming up swapping a basin outlet.

Lmao. Task and tools are irrelevant. It’s the swearing that’s a constant 🤣🤣

So I’d armed myself with 25, 40 and 50mm Black Carbon (Vinyl) ‘tape’ and 25, 40 and 50mm clear helicopter tape.

Done all the main / high risk areas of cable rub, rock / stone dings, general usage marks etc. Every bit cut in / shaped where I could, radiused on the corners to help stop it peeling, cleaning frame before application with alcohol, hair-dryering each part on blah blah - equalled 3 hours start to finish.

In the end I went for clear on all the bits underneath you cant really see. Black Carbon in areas where you can. Unfortunately I need some more 40mm wide Carbon for behind / rear of seat tube. So just ordered another metre of that - which is all I need to now ‘complete’…..

Attachments

• C9A6400A-EA0E-45C7-9DE2-529A6A3F61A1.jpeg
    C9A6400A-EA0E-45C7-9DE2-529A6A3F61A1.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CCFE6CB3-1DCF-4235-9856-B128113DA9AC.jpeg
    CCFE6CB3-1DCF-4235-9856-B128113DA9AC.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 1
  • A08D6349-3282-475C-8197-0F35D649A2AA.jpeg
    A08D6349-3282-475C-8197-0F35D649A2AA.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 1
@Andy in Germany does every bike you sell need to have lights on it including a stand light?

In theory it should at least have lights; if it doesn't I have to make the customer aware of the fact, usually by writing it on the paperwork.

The more expensive ones generally have a hub dynamo. On these I make sure they have stand lights, replacing older lights if necessary.

Top Bottom