What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
other stuff yesterday
mini ck 2 has a fish tank in her room on top of the chest of drawers and the weight has bent the top and splayed the drawer runners so i bought a proper stand and moved the tank over then rebuilt the drawers and runners so it was sound again .

Gunk

Guru
A bit more work on the Brommie - concentrated on the crankset this afternoon

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Tomorrow I'm planning on going grasstrack racing at Leeds. But first, an admission: due to Covid / post-Covid / workload / etc. I've not even looked at the grasstrack bikes since last year :unsure:

So this evening I've pulled out both son no. 2's and mine, checked them over and they're both working fine. Both have been stored outdoors but under cover and away from anything damp. All done and sorted. I just need to work out which to use; his is geared low, mine high.

Edited: my rear tyre's gone flat, so it's not perfect. I'll change the tube, taking the opportunity to gear-down with a larger sprocket.

Also pulled out, as they were first, were my Dawes Kingpin plus Raleigh Pioneer. Both also checked over. Second admission: I realised I've not ridden the Raleigh Pioneer since March 2022, and before that it was May 2021 :unsure: . 12 miles in 2 years is not good enough but if asked it's still the one bike I'd keep.

Last edited:

Tom B

Guru
Went out yesterday to find some cleats in the shed to fit on my summer shoes.

So far, I've, fabsil'd the little tent, put the tent away, mowed the lawn, raked the lawn, weeded the flower boxes, repaired the lawn mower, tided up the gardening tools, trimmed the tree (does anyone know when best to prune a cherry blossom tree?) tied up the clematis, swept up the patio, picked out some broken pointing from the patio, swept the patio again. Been to work, mowed the other lawn, tided the front garden and drive, put two loads of washing out, found several gloves, but none to make a pair, cleaned the roof velux windows on the conservatory, failed cleaning the bird poo off the lads bedroom window..... found and fitted 1 cleat. So i'm again off to work in winter booties.

Top Bottom