What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
£99 a pair on the website

That's a lot better to stomach, albeit more than twice the cost of a pair of GP4000's.

I am intrigued though, I must admit. Go for it, but post back with a review!

Because of my rack bag and pannier bag I struggled to place a rear light. My John came up with this solution fettled out of aluminium.
I have just noticed I've lost me rear reflector. Off to the internet to purchase another.

IMG_20141116_133816_zps4a0499bf.jpg

IMG_20141116_133506_zpsceae0b3d.jpg

martinclive

Über Member
Bought a second hand winter commuter to replace my single speed (SS) - spent 3 hours doing the following last night (SS being sold Monday)

Spd Sls off new bike (NB) (save them for summer) Spds off the SS and onto NB and old wellgos on SS
Moved the pump mount under the bottle cage, garmin mount and the light brackets etc from SS to NB
Took old cut up Bontrager race lites off the SS and took the Schwabe Luganos off NB and put them on SS, put new Gatorskins on the NB
Swapped the saddles over
Removed the old mudguards from the SS
Thought about putting new brake pads on the SS but changed my mind as old ones have some life
Cleaned up the SS as best as possible for the sale
Hoovered the kitchen to get rid of the mess I'd made!
NB in car to go to bike shop to get the rear wheel trued ready for riding next week
Just need to fit new race blades to the NB once back and will be ready to go
I'm not particularly good or knowledgeable on this stuff but was very satisfying to see the two bikes sorted and finished!

Having done all this - have a really bad rattle..............................

Get home shake the bike - nothing
Turn it upside down - sliding noise of something in the seat tube
Remove seat post fingers in - ouch shards of carbon
Get the torch - couple on inches of snapped carbon seat post sliding inside the seat tube - but of course won't come out the top as narrow
2 hours later with coat hanger chisel and screwdriver I broke it up enough to get the last bit out (see attached)
No more rattles hopefully!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 36
I finally got round to building up my new rear wheel for the roady.

image.jpg

I upgraded from a 105, to an Ultegra cassette. It's actually noticeably lighter. That was quite a surprise.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Will be installing a new BB on the commuter today if the postie delivers, the old one fell apart as i took it out to check the size !

tiermat

Will be installing a new BB on the commuter today if the postie delivers, the old one fell apart as i took it out to check the size !

That would be suboptimal!

image.jpg

New pedals (clipless of course) on the new crosstrail, to replace the God awful toe strap bollix numbers it came with. This is part 1 of a fettle fest today. I've got to put the new wheelset on the roady, and fit the computers to the old crosstrail and the new crosstrail. Then I have to sort the indexing on the new crosstrail, as Halfords excelled themselves yet again, with the set up. It's showing 1 on the right hand indicator, and the rear dérailleur is at minimum, but the chain isn't on the 36t sprocket :gun:. How bloody hard can it be? :angry:

Top Bottom