What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I fished out the end of the split pin of my Shimano mech disk brake pads and bent them up using my Leatherman Mini pliers.
How important is the split pin. Does everything just fall off if you forget it?

You've gone back to a quill stem?? Didn't you know that quill stems only belong in museums, and are only fitted to the worst sort of BSO? At least that's what some people would have you believe!
I had an A-head converter on it. The whole shebang of converter and stem added a pound of weight. So my museum piece is really a weight-weenie modification!

IBarrett

Über Member
On my ride at the weekend I thought I was going mad, then figured out my saddle really wasn’t pointing directly forward. It hadn’t half made my backside sore though.
When I got home I had a quick fiddle with the seatpost and found it was the head of the post which I could move.
Today I had a good wrestle with it and managed to pull the head clean out of the post, still attached to the saddle.
Tomorrow I will araldite it back in and hope that fixes it for good.

D

Deleted member 1258

Minor fettle for me today, my geared bike was checked cleaned and had the pump and saddlebag removed, then it was put in the back of the shed for the winter. My fixed was pulled out from the back of the shed, had a clean and check over, the pump and saddlebag fitted and a new chain fitted ready for a winter running round Warwickshires leafy lanes.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just a new rear tyre fitted on my R.E.W fixed

finished fitting a tongsheng tsdz2 e assist to an ice Trike, made battery mount , stub handlebars and display mount.

crossfire

fitted new back wheel to Scott mtb (after turning QR skewer opposite way, lever now on left side), new shifter for RD now have 8 gears on cassette replacing 6 on freewheel. Then Carrera had 2 new tyres fitted, after Qr changed sides. Only have to fit new shifter for FD on Scott, and I think I may be happy - oh want new bars but that can wait, time for a sit down and tea.

After establishing that my intermittent rattle was from the front mudguard I had the front wheel off and mudguard. Washed the said mudguard of all the crud and cleaned forks. Now for the rattle. I put a piece of handlebar tape between the fork and the mudguard, refitted and tightened stays. As they say " the proof will be in the pudding", will leave for testing tomorrow as i don`t fancy going into the wind today.

Top Bottom