What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Progress update:
Mudguards on,
700x32 gravel tyres on,
Lights and accessories fitted,
Temporary pedals put on for shake down,
Position set up.

Just waiting for my look keo pedals and some new shoes to arrive.

D

Deleted member 1258

I spent some time today dealing with an unexpected minor domestic emergency, the end of the set of vertical blinds in the bay window had been dragging on the window sill, it looked like a screw had worked loose, I got my step ladder out and had a look, it turned out the screws had been put in with no raw plugs, the holes had enlarged and after a dozen years use the whole thing was hanging on to the ceiling by its fingertips, a search of various bits boxes and tool boxes revealed I hadn't got any suitable raw plugs, I'd got hundreds but not one that would do the job. A quick trip to the local pound shop to get suitable ones and I was able to get the job started, at which point it all came crashing down, so once I got it all sorted out I had to put it up from scratch, job done now and its all back up, now enjoying a. :cuppa:

si_c

Guru
Getting a little bit of mudguard rubbing on the Trek, so took a look under the brake bridge and it appeared there was about 3mm space between the bridge and the guard, but because of the mount I couldn't move the mudguard any higher. Ordered a replacement metal mount, and filed down about 3mm from the bracket (same mount I was using already, which was a replacement for the weak plastic mount that was causing a rattle). Used my lunch today to take the mudguard off, replace the bracket with the new modified one and refit.

The guard now sits a little higher on the tyre and there is a much smaller 1mm gap, so hopefully that will reduce the rub (only really happening when starting off from still when the load through the wheel is greater).

Mike_P

Guru
Two new Carnac helmets from Planet X (another £9.99 offer a couple of days back) which both had a twisted strap:cursing:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
PC and bike related; I now have a dedicated Zwift PC rather than cabling a long USB cable with ANT+ dongle, a VGA cable and a sound cable from my PC through the hallway and living room 15 metres to where the smart turbo is. Just to hope it all works now ... (one or two Direct GL graphics ANT+ dongle USB and audio cable reach issues to resolve still ).

Last edited:
Top Bottom