What have you got that will 'see you out'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Foundations :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Below are pics of my dad's old camera. It's an Agfa Billy,made in Germany(West Germany, as it was then,i presume). He bought it in Hong Kong around 1952/3,while doing National Service over there. All our family photos were taken by/on this camera. I think it was last used around 1979/80. So it had a lifespan of around 28 years. I wonder if it'd still work?🤔
Those were the days,when you took around 30 photos on holiday,then had to wait till you got back home to take them to Timothy Whites,then wait a fortnight before you could collect them.:smile:

View attachment 546655
View attachment 546656
View attachment 546657
Accy, it would be a crime to not use that. Even if it needs a few bob spent on a refurb you really ought to be taking pictures with it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[Q
Massive instant table saw envy
In 1989 (I think) the pound was strong against the dollar, and I saw an advert from a tool shop in Grand Forks, North Dakota. They said they would crate up the Powermatic and ship it to the East coast of the US for very little money. A shipping agent in Ipswich did the rest. It turned up in Battersea about five weeks later. It's been turning perfectly good pieces of timber into sawdust ever since.:okay:

My Swiss Army knife. Bought circa 1980 and still going strong, although the small knife blade is about 5 percent smaller since I broke the tip off the blade whilst unbunging a photocopier at work a good few years ago!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My Stanley #4 planes:

View attachment 546626

Made between 1950-1970, one belonged to my Grandad, the other bought on Ebay from a local wood plane enthusiast. With care they'll both be around a long time, along with most of my woodworking tools...

Is it the same as this one?🤔

Edit...Obviously not the same make, as your's is a Stanley,but are they both from the same era?:okay:

1599948278838.png

1599948786112.png

Is this old? Both were my dad's,which he used for his job and D.I.Y. The bottom one looks pretty old,but not having a clue about tools,D.I.Y or anything like that i'm just guessing it could be.:smile:
1599949682983.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom