What injuries/operations have you had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had my tonsils taken out, a 9 hour throat cancer op, two hip repairs,two detached retina ops,a hernia op',an air rifle pellet removed form my back and there's something else which i can't remember.

Frontal lobotomy? :whistle:

;)

Proto

Legendary Member
Smashed T12 vertebra, metal work, spinal fusion and bone graft.
Operation 7 years later to remove metal work from spine
Right collar bone,
Right wrist
Fractured pelvis,
Ribs, 4 I think, on two different occasions
2 fingers on my left hand
Right ankle fracture

3 Inguinal hernia repairs.
Tonsils out
Camera shoved up bum
Camera shoved down throat.

Drago

Legendary Member
Broke my foot in my thirties.

Broke my little finger in my thirties at Tae Kwon Do.

Me right leg when I was 8, bravely battling through the sound barrier on a Raleigh Chopper.

Broke a couple of ribs playing rubgy in my 20's.

Broke all my ribs down one side 3 years ago when I tripped and fell, and landed awkwardly with my arm under my chest.

Broke my elbow when I was assaulted on duty, had 2 ops and a fistful of titanium.

Recently had an op on a tendon impingement in my shoulder.

Hyperextended my right knee when my Labrador ran into the front of my leg at full tilt, 4 months on crutches but thankfully escaped surgery.

If it counts I too have had a camera down me throat and up betwixt me buttocks, and an angiogram where they shove a camera into your heart via your wrist.

If I never see a Hospital again it'll be too soon.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Photo only got it done once. Top you on that as I had it done twice plus about 20 cystoscope but that was in the good old days when you got a general anaethsetic. ( you do not really want to know where they shove the camera for that) Lost count of all the other ops but none so far down to accidents.Don't think I should have said that as tempting fate. Last week had a cataract done. Not very nice but have had worse and can now see without specs.

Fractured tibular plateau, now sport pins a plate and a rod somwhere in my right leg. The pin heads on occaision try to make an appearance in through the skin on my shin/ upper leg:laugh:

MichaelO

Veteran
On the plus side, you won't be 'required' by your partner to have that minor elective gentleman's op that has caused me so much problems. Win win.
Having reached a "mature" age, I was considering that. That may just convince me not to!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Busted collarbone after going for a quick fly over the handlebars. Knacked my knee skiing - took about a year to heal, that did. Fell getting out of the bath and dislocated my shoulder.

gbb

Legendary Member
I told this one eons ago, possibly on the older forum. (C+ was it ?)
Circa 21 I was walking home after a night shift. I had to hop over a waist high bridge guard rail then the ground raised buy about 3 ft then flattened out. Next to the rail was a smallish tree supported by one of those round stakes about 3 ft high. I stepped off the handrail onto that stake to hop straight on to the upper flat section the other side. As I shifted my weight off the rail, my foot slipped on the stake and down I came...and posted myself on the top of the thankfully flat topped stake...right between my jewels and err...my back passage.
I staggered home after laying there for half an hour and by that time was weeing blood and exceedingly unwell :laugh:
Ambulance called, 8 hour emergency operation and a section of my waterworks pipework replaced with medical tube.
2 weeks in hospital, frequently on morphine injections for the pain, 2 months off work, leaking wee every time I'd been to the loo for about 5 years and I still get a sore prostate oooh...nearly 40 years later.

I went to the docs 25 years later for another reason and asked how long that tubing usually lasted....ooh, 15 years he thought. Oh. It's still in now.

I must have missed my jewels my millimetres. Imagine being hit between the legs with a sledgehammer...thats probably the force involved.:cry:

No other operations I can remember ....the only other stuff was a dislocated finger after on off on the bike..,,,cooo, that hurts when they put it back in :cry:

Bronchioscopy was weird, better that I thought it would be.
Big needle Inserted Into my back to remove excess fluid off a collapsed lung.

Top Bottom