What injuries/operations have you had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I had 46 years of never visiting A&E, never being a hospital in-patient, never having anything more major physically wrong with me than a slightly dodgy achilles, teeth that needed crowns and fillings, and an ingrowing toenail that had to be cut out. And then I was taken in to hospital as an emergency case with jaundice and ended up having a laparoscopic cholecystectomy at the end of last year.

I've still not had a fitness-related injury more serious than a kneeful of gravel.

Venod

Eh up
Broken shoulder pinned then pins taken out because of infection, then three more ops to clean it out, its now fooked.

not sports related ,I had what should have been three separate operations all done in one hit, spinal discectomy, spinal facetectomy and spinal fusion with rods and bolts and bone graft ..... with hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered, still in as much pain as before it (nerve damage) recurring numbness in right leg, and now they want to remove the disc above the last surgery.......no thanks....... IMG_0303 2.JPG

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Nothin' major .....

smashed a tooth out in a head clash (rugby) damage knee cartilage (rugby) ripped achilles tendon (football) put my spine/hips out of whack & have life long back pain (weight training accident).

Life is a lottery, so far so good, others have it bad !

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've had lots of sailing related scrapes, mainly bruises, cuts and bloody rope burns. I somehow managed to fubar my knee while dinghy sailing. It swelled up to the size of a melon. My GP asked me to lie on his couch with my knees up, and cough. As I coughed, he jabbed a large needle into the side of the joint and extracted a very large amount of fluid which was the colour of extra virgin olive oil. It didn't hurt at all. I was extremely impressed.

Top Bottom