what is a good chain lubricant ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
if the wife is out and I can make the time I will clean chain properly with ultrasonic bath then use the oven to warm up some lovely wax lube borrowed from a factory many years ago and "casserole" the chain gently for a few hours then hang from top rack over the wax bath and let excess run off .

normally though chainsaw oil works wonders.

tried the muc off wet ( blue goop) it yucked the chain up in a few days - horrible stuff. same for 3 in 1 .

I upe a dropper bottle for ongoing lube but if a proper clean happens then chain gets dropped into the oil bottle and left to soak over the weekend .

ayceejay

Guru
The cheeky barstewrd at the LBS said to oil the chain every 100 miles - so you only need the small bottle it will last ages.
I said I'll take two one for the workshop and one to take with me.:laugh:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Mucc off C3* Ceramic lube - both wet and dry variants.

Squirt Chain Lube was also recommended to me at one point as a slightly cheaper alternative but i havent got around to using it yet.

Im tempted to give Mucc Off's team sky hydrodynamic lube a try as an 'all round' lube but from what i can see its pretty much all marketing hype. Will waiti to see if the price drops before i bite.

Top Bottom